Amp Exchange???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypieran

Reaction score
Need some help. This is my first post. Been reading here a while but just signed up. I'm a life long fan of Mesa. Love Metallica so obviously wanted a Mesa. So I got a Mesa Mark V 25 to pair with my JC120. I A/B them and it's nice, but I'm tempted to return it for the dual recto 100 watt or the Triple Crown 50. Anyone have input for me?

What era of Metallica do you like most? Puppets to black album are Mark sounds and from then on a Recto will cover most sounds. What kind of Guitar and pickups do you use? Because they play a big part in the sound. As well as speaker type.

Not every amp is for everyone. Regardless of who you like to listen to, you will find, given enough ties, what amp works for you.

Also, not every Mark is the same. You can get a relatively inexpensive MarkIII, and that will likely be closer to the Metallica sound than a V:25.

The cabinet you use will matter as well. I prefer recto 2x12 cabs. I'm not sure what you ran the V:25 through, or if it's a combo.

IMO, the recto is a very versatile amp. Though you need to run them pretty loud. I might recommend a Mini Rec, Single rec or Rectoverb.

Back