4x12 and jack plate wiring

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

royalrider33

Reaction score
I can't find the answer to this dilemma. I am putting a 4x12 cabinet together from various parts and pieces.
I have 4 Black Shadows at 8 ohms, and I have a Jack plate that is 4x12 4 FB. The one with 2, 4 ohm inputs, and 8 ohm input and an output. The wires out of the lack are 2 sets of black and white, totaling 4 wires.
I am not sure how these tie in to the 4 speakers...About the best I find online is how to wire the 4 speakers into a total of an 8 ohm load, which I already know. Can anyone walk me through where the jack plate wires hook up to?
I found the internal pics of this same set up but nothing clear enough showing the jack wires...Almost looks like, each black and white go to a positive and negative on 2 of the speakers...I have no idea of the years of the plate and speakers, but I don't think that matters.
Pics welcome. Thanks!
Mike

Thanks...Yeah I did see that thread and the way figure c is showing how the jack plate is connected isn't the way I have it wired, plus his resistance measurement is way off. So there is no definitive answer in that post.
I did buy the jack plate on ebay and the seller claims he can send me the wiring diagram.

Back