TC-50 or TC-100...?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwgatti24

Reaction score
The thought of owning a 100w amp seems insane to me. I have a Mesa Express 5:50+ Combo that I like, but just isn't doing it for me. I have been jonesing for the TC-50, but even 50w is a lotta amp for a guy that will be spending 95% of his time playing in my bedroom. In this case, it seems that the attenuation that comes with the TC 100 would suit me better...
The best amp for me in my lifetime was my old 30th anny Marshall. I played it at 25 watts. Still a monster. Seems that this TC format by Mesa may be the amp for me...

Does Mesa intend on releasing a TC-50 with the attenuation?

cwgatti24 said:
The thought of owning a 100w amp seems insane to me. I have a Mesa Express 5:50+ Combo that I like, but just isn't doing it for me. I have been jonesing for the TC-50, but even 50w is a lotta amp for a guy that will be spending 95% of his time playing in my bedroom. In this case, it seems that the attenuation that comes with the TC 100 would suit me better...
The best amp for me in my lifetime was my old 30th anny Marshall. I played it at 25 watts. Still a monster. Seems that this TC format by Mesa may be the amp for me...

Does Mesa intend on releasing a TC-50 with the attenuation?

If someone does know, I’m pretty sure they’ll stay tight lipped, at least here on the public board.

For what its worth, the TC-50 is really good, quite great, at bedroom volumes also. I don’t have the TC-100 so cannot compare directly but the TC-50 is just fine for low to very low volume playing (all 3 channels).

I like both the TC-50 and the TC-100. It would be a tough choice to make. I would rather run the TC-100 wide open at full power and it also excels at reduced volume settings just like the TC-50. the attenuator is ok on the TC-100 but when set to the 50W position, I like the TC-50 more as I have compared the two side by side. I would recommend the TC-50 as that amp sounds great even at reduced volume levels with the EL34 tubes. It gets better with the 6V6 tubes as runs at half the power of the EL34's. Tone is just a bit different but sounds so good.

I would opt for the Vertical 212 cab paird up with the TC-50 or the TC-100. I personally am not fond of the V30 used in an open back combo format as the V30 speaker tends to have a fizzy tone once they break in with open back platform. No sweat though if the combo is your deal, you can always change the V30 with a Celestion Cream Back G12H75 speaker as that one works quite good for open back cabinet (I swapped the v30 in my RA100 combo with the Creambacks, cured the fizzy tone). In closed back format, the V30 is more ideal.

Latest posts

Back