Dual rectifier - cabinet question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spqr163

Reaction score
I have a Dual rectifier and 2 4x12 cabs running both at 8 ohms. I would like to add 2 more 4x12 cabs to it. Just wondering the best recommendation on doing this. Because I could get 2 more Mesa cabs at a great price and just looking for some input… thank you

Thanks Deeman, that’s why I’m not quit sure if the head could handle 4 4x12 cabs. Usually Mesa cabs run 4 or 8 ohms and looking for input before I mess up the amp. Tried to look up info online and couldn’t find anything accept rewireing the cab into series or parallel.

I use two Mesa Triples for my 4-4×12's, might be the best way to use 2 amps, not sure there is another way, works great!

I saw this in the owners manual

But couldn’t find any 16 ohm series box on eBay or amazon, or if they even make them anymore.

From what I understand, you plan to run 4 4x12" cabinets.

Yeah, you would need two series box (the one you listed) for each pair and then these two series boxes in parallel for total of 8 ohms.

A series box consist of 3 1/4" input jacks wired where in puts two speaker enclosures in series.

https://bayoucables.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=89

If you do it yourself, it could cost less than $20 more like under $15.

RR said:
From what I understand, you plan to run 4 4x12" cabinets.

Yeah, you would need two series box (the one you listed) for each pair and then these two series boxes in parallel for total of 8 ohms.

A series box consist of 3 1/4" input jacks wired where in puts two speaker enclosures in series.

https://bayoucables.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=89

If you do it yourself, it could cost less than $20 more like under $15.

Thank RR, I did talk to Mesa and they do sell the series box for $45 each. I had an opportunity to get 2 more 4x12 cabs but the deal fell through.

That would have been an awesome rig but I wouldn't want to be the one loading and unloading it from the truck every night.

Latest posts

Back