Willie Adler and the TC-100

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barryswanson

Reaction score
I find it interesting that Willie Adler from Lamb of God is endorsing these amps on Mesa’s web site but I’m yet to find any video footage or even a picture of him using one or having any kind of association with it. I’m sure a video or something is in the works but some actual proof of him using one would be nice. I’d love to hear what kind of tones he gets out of it seeing that he is a long time Mark IV user and refused to switch to the Mark V’s exclusively when they came out. Come on Mesa let’s hear Willie shred on a TC-100!

barryswanson said:
I find it interesting that Willie Adler from Lamb of God is endorsing these amps on Mesa’s web site but I’m yet to find any video footage or even a picture of him using one or having any kind of association with it. I’m sure a video or something is in the works but some actual proof of him using one would be nice. I’d love to hear what kind of tones he gets out of it seeing that he is a long time Mark IV user and refused to switch to the Mark V’s exclusively when they came out. Come on Mesa let’s hear Willie shred on a TC-100!

Willie has been road-testing a proto TC-100 for nearly 2 years - but he had to keeps it under wraps until release. You'll be seeing, and hearing more soon! Thanks!

Awesome news. Just what I wanted to hear. I can’t wait to hear how he has it dialled in. It may convince me to buy one 8)

Willie having one for the two years may also explain why I spotted him with a five band EQ pedal in a rig rundown he did with Fret 12 a little while ago. :?

Authorized Boogie said:
Willie has been road-testing a proto TC-100 for nearly 2 years - but he had to keeps it under wraps until release. You'll be seeing, and hearing more soon! Thanks!

You guys to a great job of catering to the hard rock / metal crowd, and you make awesome amps for those guys. I, however, am not one of those guys, and I really hope that you have something in the pipeline to replace the TA-15/30 and Express amps. Mesa feels like home for me, but there's nothing in the current lineup that really fits me as a player. Just wanted to let ya'll know. :)

ifailedshapes said:
Authorized Boogie said:

You guys to a great job of catering to the hard rock / metal crowd, and you make awesome amps for those guys. I, however, am not one of those guys, and I really hope that you have something in the pipeline to replace the TA-15/30 and Express amps. Mesa feels like home for me, but there's nothing in the current lineup that really fits me as a player. Just wanted to let ya'll know. :)

Stay tuned... : )

I was right about the EQ pedal! Going from the recently released video, but don’t get why he runs a grid slammer with such a high gain amp and high output pickups.

Mark and Willie both use passive pickups that aren't screaming hot by modern standards and they're both fast, light players who aren't shoving gain through their pick. they need a fair bit of gain on tap but it's a lot easier to control and gives you more options if you have several places to get gain from instead of getting it all from the amp. If you got two crunchy channels on your amp, one overdrive pedal, and one boost, you've potentially got eight different selectable tones/gain levels plus your volume knob (more likely six, but still, guitar => amp only gives you two.)

Willie uses fishman flience, has done for the last few years. Even has a signature set and they are awesome I have them in one of his signature ESP’s. They are a crazy hot pickup and it’s the same ones you see in his latest videos for Mesa Boogie. They are both active and passive. But yeah I know what you mean because he’s runnin a grid slammer and a Mesa eq in front of his amp. Heaps of tonal options.

Back