Rectifier 3/4 enclosed cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spqr163

Reaction score
I just recently purchased a rectifier straight cab 3/4 enclosed with black shadow speakers. Does anyone know more about these cabs? I’m use to the other fully enclosed cabs with vintage 30’s but really not familiar with these cabs.

Unless Mesa just came out with a brand new line of cabs, which is entirely possible, I'm assuming it's not a Rectifier cabinet. A few years ago they made Three-Quarter Back cabs, and they were awesome! It's designed to give you the best of both open and closed-back sounds. I regret selling mine. Enjoy!

No it’s not a new line of cabs, it’s an older model. I was told it was a rectifier cab, and I haven’t seen these kind of cabs before. That’s why I was asking more info about them and people who were familiar with these cabs. So far it does sound great plus good low end which I like. Plus it’s much smaller compared to the other Mesa cabs. And so far impressed with the black shadow speakers

You bought a road king cab. The open back part has your two black shadows and the closed back has your two v30’s. They where still on Mesa’s web site last time I looked

Actually all 4 speakers are Black Shadows, and it’s smaller than the other Mesa cabs I have owned.

That's not the road king cab I'm familiar with. It might be for the lone star.

barryswanson said:
Cool, I’ve never seen one like that! How does it sound?

So far I’m impressed with the Black Shadow speakers, and the cab does have good low end which i like

Back