HELP! Can't secure Road King II chassis to head shell!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepingtiger

Reaction score
I did some tube experimentation on my Mesa Road King II & took the chassis out to make it easier. Ir has two screws on each side of the bottom, tied together with chrome "straps". I have got the back screws on each side through the nuts that are secured to the chassis, but the screws on the front will not line up & therefore will not start. I know the back screws are in the right holes because I can see the screws come through the nuts mounted there. I have tried starting the front screws through with the back screws tightened & with them loose & no go! I've pulled the back screws & tried the front ones first & no go, once again.This SHOULD be pretty easy, but obviously not. I've also tried putting the head in various positions & it makes no difference.
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong...or better yet, tell me what I need to do to get this done? I've never had this happen with any amp before.

Tony

I GOT it! I called Mesa & Chris told me I needed to put the front screws in first. Even he said that, for some reason, putting the front screws in will line up the back screws, but this will not work in reverse. Once I got the first screw started, it went as quickly as you would think it would work.
Now it's nice & secure & the USA & European preamp tubes made a marked difference!

Tony

Latest posts

Back