TC-100 leaked

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barryswanson

Reaction score
I just saw a pick on Facebook of a Mesa boogie page of a TC-100 with power soak dials on the front panel in a rack mounted version. I guess that's the second of three amps Mesa is releasing in the near future.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/164773563478/permalink/10155124679323479/

OOOOOOOOOOOO THATS COOL. Just as I posted I might get rid of my Mark V too.

http://mesaboogie.com/amplifiers/electric/triple-crown-series/triple-crown-tc-100/index.html

Link to the Mesa page for the amp

Since it is the same size as the TC-50, it should fit on top of the Vertical 212 unlike its predecessor (RA100) that one barely fits on top of the OS Recto 412 cab. Hmmm.... Do I upgrade the RA100's to the TC-100? Perhaps.... Has all the features of the TC-50 and combines the power soak attenuator form the RA100, throws the controls up front and can run 4 6V6 tubes. I am in..... CH3 and CH1 on the TC-50 are great, CH2 can be thin but it can be compensated with more bass, less treble and higher gain settings. Sounds like a good amp but then again how does it sound? Guess I will have to wait for the videos to be posted on the Mesa site. Having Solo, FXloop, reverb switchable via footswitch is a step up. RA100 does not have that feature set, sounds great but the TC-100 has better options.

Sure, I may loose some weight eventually, sell the RA100 combo or head. Not sure which or just keep them. The Mark V stays as I finally tuned this thing into something fun to play though. JP-2C still on the top list.

First to go this year was the Roadster, now the Road King II is out to pasture. (missing from the Mesa website). Methinks there is another Rectifier amp in the works as the Rectifier herd is getting thinned out or is it getting phased out? Would I buy another Rectifier amp? not sure... the Roadster is great as it is and everything works flawlessly including the long footswitch. (Can't claim the Mark V footswitch works all the time as it has issues so I do not use it).

At least the change is taking place and more products with midi are emerging. Cool, keep it coming Mesa! When is the next Mark series coming out? (not that I am looking for a replacement for the JP-2C anytime soon, but the Mark V could use a few upgrades.)

Hello I am a newbie to Mesa amps and attenuation in general. Can anyone explain to me how the Multi-soak feature differs from the output knob? If I understand correctly this is really the only difference between the TC50 and TC100. Do the master volumes on each channel act as a "channel" volume and the output as an overall "master" volume? Thus the multisoak just sets the ceiling for the output?

The Masters and Output determines how much signal is put into the front of the poweramp. Power Soak attenuates after the poweramp.

Having both allows you to control the amount of poweramp overdrive and saturation with the Master / Output. Using the Power Soak to control the volume in the room (dB's).

Exactly, Powersoak is after the power tubes themselves, including any power tube distortion you dialed in with your volumes.

From what I have seen the release video, it appears the multi soak is part resistance and part inductance. Hence why they may claim it is reactive power attenuation. The RA100 on the other hand is resistive only. Still that sounds great too.

The TC-50 on steroids would definitely sound better.

I was checking out Sweetwater. There are some additional videos on the amp now. Cool. Will have to get one when they are available.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TripleCH100

IF the TC-100 is not one of the two you mentioned, what was it that you mentioned? I do not see any suggestions on this thread anyways. Perhaps you posted it in a different thread?

Two years ago I sat down with Randy for a few hours. In the conversation three amps were being developed. TC being one of them. The other two are very different. I promised I would not talk about the unreleased amps. But can say they they are very different from anything MESA has done in the past.

Oh, I can understand that. If and when they come out I am sure it will be interesting. I can respect your silence on what is to come. Not always good to share what is in the R&D until it has been released. As usual I will be looking forward to the next Mesa gear when it comes out.

Let’s throw some theory’s around for the sack off discussion on this nearly dead forum.

I’ll start,

1. They are amps using different power tubes in the power section like KT77’s or something.
2. Completely solid state amps getting ready for the tube ban?
3. A digital preamp based of that Mesa licenced software that came out a while ago with a tube power section.
4. Something that will replace the discontinued Road King

barryswanson said:
Let’s throw some theory’s around for the sack off discussion on this nearly dead forum.

I’ll start,

1. They are amps using different power tubes in the power section like KT77’s or something.
2. Completely solid state amps getting ready for the tube ban?
3. A digital preamp based of that Mesa licenced software that came out a while ago with a tube power section.
4. Something that will replace the discontinued Road King

I've no idea what Mesa has in the pipeline. I do think it's a real shame the forum is getting quiet, such a fountain of knowledge contained within it's pages and contributers.

Facebook has killed a lot of forums. Facebook is good like the Mesa boogie pages on there are great. But I guess I’m old fashioned and still prefer forums. Forums have a lot less knob heads on them, unlike Facebook.

Yes it has... Been going on there for some time now. Mesa Boogie Fan Club.
However, it is almost next to impossible to follow anything. No organization to the posts as they are all over the place. As for the forums here, I fan find what I wrote, can look up past posts if needed for reference. and everything remains where it was.

I want to focus on a Triple crown, I can find it. in Facebook it is all by chance unless there is a means to filter the chatter. Also the content of written word does not seem to follow any ethical rules. It seems more like a chat room than something informative.

Latest posts

Back