Mesa Nomad reverb problems... how to solve?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andree88

Reaction score
Hi, I've a problem with my Mesa Nomad 100 reverb: when I play sometimes the reverb starts making a lot of noise. It seems due to vibrations.. in fact if I give a little poke to amp itself it starts/stops to noise. The noise stops too if I turn off and then back on the amp.
What should I do? This is the video I made to show You the noise it makes. It is on all 3 channel. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPbCF_cEGxA&feature=em-upload_owner

That is odd indeed. My Nomad's reverb (I have a 45, not the 100) will make noise if I have the reverb turned up and I shake the amp, or hit the reverb tank. But, under normal playing conditions, the reverb does not make that sort of noise.

A few questions:
(1) Does it ever start making the noise on its own? I mean, do you have to tap it to get it start making the noise?
(2) Does the setting of the reverb level have anything to do with the noise? If you set the individual reverb controls to their lowest settings, does the noise still persist?
(3) Have you tried re-seating the two leads (red and white, I think) coming from the chassis to the spring unit? I had a reverb unit that was scratchy until I had done that. Maybe it will make a difference for you.

Hope this can get nailed down pretty quickly.

bgh said:
That is odd indeed. My Nomad's reverb (I have a 45, not the 100) will make noise if I have the reverb turned up and I shake the amp, or hit the reverb tank. But, under normal playing conditions, the reverb does not make that sort of noise.

A few questions:
(1) Does it ever start making the noise on its own? I mean, do you have to tap it to get it start making the noise?
(2) Does the setting of the reverb level have anything to do with the noise? If you set the individual reverb controls to their lowest settings, does the noise still persist?
(3) Have you tried re-seating the two leads (red and white, I think) coming from the chassis to the spring unit? I had a reverb unit that was scratchy until I had done that. Maybe it will make a difference for you.

Hope this can get nailed down pretty quickly.

1) It started making noise changing between CH3 and CH2 or CH1..
2) If I turned off knobs of reverb the noise disapper
3) Yes I've done this..

EDIT:
I opened the amp, used a spray for electronic hardware and now the problem it's not here anymore :)
Thanks for help, I think that now is solved.. I hope :p
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back