New old Road King 1 rm midi issue and reverb issue.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmp22684

Reaction score
Howdy!

First time posting, been reading here for about a year.

Just got a Road King and LOVE it!!

First reverb:
When I switch channels using the rjm or the King Kontroller the reverb turns off. Not the light on the pedal. On the King Kontroller and the rjm units the reverb light is still on, but you can't hear any until you turn it off and on again. Very strange.

Now the RJM units:
I have a Mini Amp Gizmo and an RG-16 I just purchased in my quest to switch from my Helix to an analog rack (mostly ... probably a digital delay).

Anyways! When Channel 4 is selected using either of the rjm units the Channel 3 light is on, though much more dim than if it were the selected channel. This behavior is not exhibited when using the King Kontroller.

Both RJM units are set to four channel mode.

Mini Amp Gizmo: hold 8, power on, press 4, lights flash
RG-16: hold 4, power on, lights flash.

Everything else works as it should. I've played out twice with the amp this past weekend using the line 6 Helix in 4cm to control everything and add effects. Went off with out a hitch. But that dimmed ch3 light makes me nervous.

Emailing with RJM about it now. They sent me a schematic of the AC-RRN-10 that I have; the cable ends and PCB all check out.

Thoughts?

Oh and WAY off topic:
Anyone ever attempt to convert their Road King 1 combo to a closed back design such as the roadster? I would love to hear a bit more cab "thump" from the road king, but increasing bass only muddies things up.

Thanks a ton folks!!

Looks like they're going to send me another cable.

I purchased this cable through Sweetwater. I was really surprised they offered to send one directly from RJM so quickly. Excellent customer service for sure.

Will see what happens!

Back