Nomad with a strange screw

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankolino

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new here and from Germany.
I've bought a used very fine Nomad 45 with an amazing tone.
As I looked in the back I saw a strange long screw in it. The screw did not connected anything but it must be original Mesa. I was thinking about it and what I think is, this could be made a connection between the chassis and the shield inside the cab. But mine did connect anything and maybe I should turn it more in so it will make a connection.
Unfortionaly is the shield at that place damaged so the screw would proberly not make contact. But maybe I'm wrong with my thoughts.
Anybody an idea or knows what the screw is for?

It's a pity but I cannot find a way to put in some pictures :oops:
THX Frank

Ah, I've just read this topic https://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25342#p187219
LSS chassis bolt and now I'm know all about it (I think)
THX Frank

Hi. I have a 45 1x12 combo that has been recently re-housed. I will have to go look at it now to see which screw you are talking about. When we re-housed the combo, I don't recall seeing a tension screw (or even a grounding screw), but in all the stuff we did I may simply have missed it.

Could you tell us a little more about exactly where the screw is on your amp? I scanned the thread you linked to and read where it was "between" a couple of the EL84s. But, like I said, I don't remember reinstalling a screw there at all.

We did replace the "foil" shield above the chassis. But, we did not paint the inside of the combo. (My Nomad was originally the black tolex model, and the inside of the combo has been painted with some thick, black paint.)

And, you are correct. Some very nice tones out of those amps!

Hi ok that's fine. You can see the screw between the 3th and 4th EL 84 but than a little backwarts.
It is a very long one and there is a hole in the chassis with screw thread. (of course)
It's a pity that I cannot post a picture but it is the same like on the picture from the linked thread.
If you want you can send me your email adress with a pm.
And I don't know why some people can get a good tone out of the nomad. But that is another story.
Ciao Frank

Latest posts

Back