Mark V:25 + Attenuator

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoadDog

Reaction score
Hey all,

Has anyone used an attenuator (or specifically the Rivera Rock Crusher) with a Mark V:25? I can turn my master volume up to about ~9:00 depending on the channel and it does sound good - but I am wondering if I should invest in an attenuator so that I can really drive those power tubes.

I can handle the ~9:00 volume and wonder if it would sound much better at the same volume but with the knob turned up to 12:00 or so with a good attenuator - like would it sound $500 better?

I searched on this topic but couldn't find an exact match of the Mark V:25 + Rivera Rock Crusher.
Thanks in advance for your comments.
Pete

I haven't tried the Rockcrusher but when I'm playing my Mark V35 at low volumes I play through an attenuator. I personally think my amp sounds better with the master volumes above 9:00. I've used both an SPL Reducer and recently bought the Powerstation. If your just looking to attenuate, the SPL Reducer sounded the same as the Powerstation to my ears.
Shoot me a PM if you think your interested in a SPL.

Hey thanks,

I was considering the PowerStation and the Rock Crusher mainly. Sounds like you are satisfied with the PS?

Yes I'm totally satisfied with both. For knocking the volume down they both work great but the PS gives you many more options.

Latest posts

Back