MESA ROADSTER CHANNEL SELECT ISSUES

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iandub3

Reaction score
Hello, I have a mesa 212 roadster that I currently have experienced an issue with. During band practice, the amp was working just fine, we took a few minute break (amp switched to standby) came back and was suddenly had no control over the channel selecting with the foot board and none of the channel lights were lit up on the amp. However, i still had control over Tuner/Mute, Reverb, FX loop, and Boost. I disconnected the board cable from the amp and tried manually selecting channels. When doing this, switched to channel 1, Channel 2 knobs were controlling channel 1.. Channels 2, 3, and 4 were all being controlled by channel 4 knobs. (channels 2, 3, and 4 were all high gain from channel 4) so, i pretty much have no channel 2 or 3. None of this makes sense and I am hoping that someone out there understands what I'm talking about and can help me resolve this issue.

Mesa Roadster 212, Carvin 412v30, Samick Interceptor, maxon OD808

Did you unplug it, let it cool down, and try it again?

I think that the switching on those is controlled by FETs, so if one of those is malfunctioning or dead, it can screw up a lot of things.

If it is malfunctioning without the footswitch, then most likely there is something wonky with the switching matrix, and you'll need to take it to a tech.

I did let it cool down....for a few days. And i was still having the same issue. I called mesa boogie and the tech had stated that it was probably caused by not enough voltage to the amp. (Which was at a buddy's house) then tried again back at my house, with regular voltage, and still the same thing. I was trying to avoid taking it in as much as possible. But it is what it is.

Do you run your amp through a power conditioner? If your friends house has dirty power, you really shouldn't be plugging high end electronics into it. The switching FETS particularly are delicate, and some amp techs will replace them all at the same time.

Here's an idea of what is inside that beast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kNMtOmT76U

Back