Full Tone, no bass cut

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zen

Reaction score
One of the main things I love about Mesa amps is that they have plenty of low end when driven. I'm learning a lot about Mesa here so I thought I'd ask you guys why. What part of Mesa circuitry provides such a full Lead/driven tone where other amps cut bass from Lead and Drive channels? thnx

Are you talking Recto or Mark series?

With the Mark series it's largely because they have both pre and post EQs. The BMT stack operates before all your distortion, so you're able to fine tune the flub and woofy-ness. As the gain goes up you can bring the base down to keep things tight, or leave move of it in if you're going for a round lead tone. In most other amps they have to choose an amount of bass cut that works for all their sounds, so they probably compromise on the highest gain sound they thing people will go for.

Then the 5-band lets you dial bass back in, and with a little more precision than most other amps BMT after the distortion.

Latest posts

Back