The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:15 pm 
Mark III

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index ... 1881306%2F

Page 3 and the fourth post down.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:59 am 
Mark II

barryswanson wrote:
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads%2Fnext-mesa-amps.1881306%2F

Page 3 and the fourth post down.

Oh damn, two new amps assuming this guy is correct. Maybe the one that will make a few people happy would be a James Hetfield sig with channel blending/ or built in chorus. That would be WILD. Maybe its something completely different and amazing. I don't really know, but i want it.

Schecter Hellraiser
1984 Gibson Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:03 pm 
Single Recto

It was about a year ago I sat down with Randy and there was three amps being developed. The Triple Crown is already released. I asked about the Hetfield amp... There isn't one being developed that we discussed. But he made it very clear anything is possible.

The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:15 pm 
Mark III

God I hope it's a Hetfield amp. Lol.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:39 pm 
Mark II

stephen sawall wrote:
It was about a year ago I sat down with Randy and there was three amps being developed. The Triple Crown is already released. I asked about the Hetfield amp... There isn't one being developed that we discussed. But he made it very clear anything is possible.

I would be inclined to ask if there is anything in the mark direction that is coming out but I dont know if that can be disclosed. I am kind of hoping that what we see in that in that picture is a new mark with a higher internal volume preset, less compression and some nifty little features. If there was a Hetfield amp I would in fact lose my mind. Im hoping you are lying and just saying that to cover it up. But ya know we will have to wait and see.

Schecter Hellraiser
1984 Gibson Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:00 pm 
Single Recto

thediavlo wrote:
stephen sawall wrote:

I would be inclined to ask if there is anything in the mark direction that is coming out but I dont know if that can be disclosed. I am kind of hoping that what we see in that in that picture is a new mark with a higher internal volume preset, less compression and some nifty little features. If there was a Hetfield amp I would in fact lose my mind. Im hoping you are lying and just saying that to cover it up. But ya know we will have to wait and see.

When we talked no.... The other two amps are different than anything they have done before.

Keep in mind these are floating ideas. Anything is possible. Believe me many of us would love to see a Hetfield amp...

The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:59 pm 
Mark II

stephen sawall wrote:
thediavlo wrote:
stephen sawall wrote:

When we talked no.... The other two amps are different than anything they have done before.

Keep in mind these are floating ideas. Anything is possible. Believe me many of us would love to see a Hetfield amp...

For sure, the question is what would that be. something that they had never done before could be so many things, but also so little. They have some of the best and most advanced Amplifiers on the market. Are we forgetting the release of the Rossette too? so one more left?

Schecter Hellraiser
1984 Gibson Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:21 pm 
Mark III

I think the only downfall to a Hetfield signature amp is that Hetfield himself would be the person least interested in it. Or at least the least interested in the version we all want.

The JP-2C came about in no small part because John insisted on them doing a remake, because he loved that particular amp so much and wanted more. And wanted newer equivalents to use on tour without risking his classic ones. John also still mostly favors the sound he's used his whole career.

James, on the other hand, went down totally different tonal rabbit holes, different amps and sounds, and his modern tone is nothing like it was a decade ago, let alone 30 years ago when he was making THE CLASSIC SOUND that the fans would want from a signature amp.

So John really wanted an amp, that looked and sounded just like the amp fans of him would want, and pushed for it. James seems less interested, and if he did want an amp he would probably want something that isn't at all what the fans want, and instead it becomes Mesa bugging him to make one on behalf of the fans that he might not even want to use much.

That's my Debbie-Downer two cents worth of rambling on why my hopes aren't high :(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:39 pm 
Mark II

IronSean wrote:
I think the only downfall to a Hetfield signature amp is that Hetfield himself would be the person least interested in it. Or at least the least interested in the version we all want.

The JP-2C came about in no small part because John insisted on them doing a remake, because he loved that particular amp so much and wanted more. And wanted newer equivalents to use on tour without risking his classic ones. John also still mostly favors the sound he's used his whole career.

James, on the other hand, went down totally different tonal rabbit holes, different amps and sounds, and his modern tone is nothing like it was a decade ago, let alone 30 years ago when he was making THE CLASSIC SOUND that the fans would want from a signature amp.

So John really wanted an amp, that looked and sounded just like the amp fans of him would want, and pushed for it. James seems less interested, and if he did want an amp he would probably want something that isn't at all what the fans want, and instead it becomes Mesa bugging him to make one on behalf of the fans that he might not even want to use much.

That's my Debbie-Downer two cents worth of rambling on why my hopes aren't high :(

I totally agree with you. But there has been one amp that was a staple of his sound for the longest period of time and that was the IIC++. He used one on Master, Justice, TBA, Death Magnetic, and Hardwired. Probably the only reason he didnt have one during KEM and RTL is because they were not available yet. But still that is over half of their albums and if you add the years of the mark sound being used close to 3/4 of the bands existence. That the only fact that keeps me semi-hopeful. I also feel like the years he got rid of that sound, he has said himself was the U2 version of Metallica. not something he really cares for anymore. His mindset could be completely different. If mesa made him an amp that was perfect for him to use for albums, and throw it in the Axe for live i feel like he wouldnt care as much at that point. That thick percussive tone is what drove their 2 most recent, and 3 most popular albums as a base and it was blended on other occasions to fill what he was looking for tonally. Just like he has his own pickups and guitars now, it only makes sense for him to complete the set. But like we say you never know. He knows what he wants and we don't. I just want it so much because I feel like it would sound WICKED.

Schecter Hellraiser
1984 Gibson Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:59 pm 
Single Recto

thediavlo wrote:
For sure, the question is what would that be. something that they had never done before could be so many things, but also so little. They have some of the best and most advanced Amplifiers on the market. Are we forgetting the release of the Rossette too? so one more left?

Rossette is not one of the two. They are for electric guitar.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:02 am 
Mark II

stephen sawall wrote:
thediavlo wrote:

Rossette is not one of the two. They are for electric guitar.

Well fingers crossed man. Maybe we can get something interesting from Mesa that we didn't expect.

Schecter Hellraiser
1984 Gibson Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:44 am 
Mark II

If we ever get a JH Mesa I will sell my JP2C and Blue stripe to cover those costs. Not joking thats how much I would want that thing.

Schecter Hellraiser
1984 Gibson Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:36 am 
Donating Member

IronSean wrote:

One thing I wonder about is... with the JP2C already out, what's the point in doing a JH2C?

Or if we were to look at it a different way... outside of of some gimmicky add-on, what would a JH2C do that the JP2C can't?

|| McCarty | Les Paul | Custom 24 ||
|| Cantrell Wah | Rotovibe | Phase 90 | Grid Slammer ||
|| Triple Crown 50 | Recto 2x12/4x12 ||

|| Jazz Bass | Bass Strategy | PH410 ||

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:38 am 
Mark III

I don't think it would be 2C as such. I'd say something completely different because we all know he blends the recto and 2C sounds with a Diezel. So it would have to be something completely new. But saying that, as if he's gonna drag one around the world when there using Fractals. So probably unlikely but how cool would it be. Unless it was marketed as some sort of tribute amp/nod to the past.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:45 am 
Donating Member

Hetfield doesn’t even use an amp anymore so why would mesa put one out with his name on it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next