WGS Vet30 in Recto 2x12?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griff3

Reaction score
I recently acquired a WGS Veteran 30 speaker that I put into an old Mojotone 1x12 cabinet and it sounds really fantastic.

And for as long as I've played the Recto 2x12 (old horizontal version) I've used the stock Vintage 30's and just sort of dealt with the upper mids because I like the overall quality of the V30 (I like a more mid-heavy speaker for rock stuff) but I'm wondering if swapping the V30s for the WGS might really take this cabinet up a notch.

I play a lot of amps through it (Mark V and RA100, but many other brands as well) and it's a great cab that is portable and works in a lot of situations.

Long story short, anyone ever made that particular swap? And if so, what did you think?

WGS speakers are pretty inexpensive so I'm not opposed to just trying, but it's always nice to hear from someone else who has done it first.

Thanks!

I prefer the Veteran 30 to the Vintage 30 by a LARGE margin.

Having said that I recently (last night) replaced the Vintage 30's in my Recto Cab with a Reaper HP 55hz and an ET-90 and HOLY GOD!! What a difference! Better low end response, tighter, smoother, heavier sound! It's like bacon for your ears.

I think you'd prefer the ET-65. It's AMAZING!

BoogieHog said:
I prefer the Veteran 30 to the Vintage 30 by a LARGE margin.

Having said that I recently (last night) replaced the Vintage 30's in my Recto Cab with a Reaper HP 55hz and an ET-90 and HOLY GOD!! What a difference! Better low end response, tighter, smoother, heavier sound! It's like bacon for your ears.

I think you'd prefer the ET-65. It's AMAZING!
Thanks. I do have a Vet30 and an ET-65 in my Port City OS 2x12 cabinet and yes, it's pretty incredible. But for the Recto 2x12 I want to stick with like speakers.

With some cabs certain speakers just work - by and large the Vintage 30s do work well (I don't like them in much else, in fact.) But I just really dig that Vet 30... gonna have to try it. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back