Oscilatting Feedback solution

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumpe

Reaction score
Hi all,
So, I spent long hours trying to set the Mix (10 to 100%), changing the delay pedal via my boss me70 in front of and behind the amp, changing output levels on both the master output and eq output (using the EQ on the bos me70) and still OSCILATTING FEEDBACK when running delay or delay with modulation (phaser, tremolo, etc).

I don't know if this can be fixed (got a rocket 44 - Parallel FX loop Send into boss me70 input and output of boss me70 into return - I also tried with boss me70 in front of the amp) - I read a post in 2008 offering options such as doing a series FX mod on the amp (which it seems would be a permanent thing - or is it not?) or trying diffrent delay pedals.

Here is the issue: I need a 'real solution for this' because I ultimately want to run multiple delays for really doom/shoegaze effects and infinit delays to build on. AND and I want the nice tone of my amp to remain AND trails on delay effects. Of course I do not want to part with the amp.
The only thing that I can do now is set delay level to the express pedal on the boss me70, and by taming it i can control the oscillation, but seriously if feels like the amp will explode if i don't do that - scary - especially since i want to focus on playing not making sure the amp explodes :|

Given the predicament of wanting to maintain amp tone, any users here that found a true solution to this (by the way I am by no means an amp technitian, but can contact one to see if they can do said solutions you present)

thank you very much.

sumpe said:
Hi all,
So, I spent long hours trying to set the Mix (10 to 100%), changing the delay pedal via my boss me70 in front of and behind the amp, changing output levels on both the master output and eq output (using the EQ on the bos me70) and still OSCILATTING FEEDBACK when running delay or delay with modulation (phaser, tremolo, etc).

I don't know if this can be fixed (got a rocket 44 - Parallel FX loop Send into boss me70 input and output of boss me70 into return - I also tried with boss me70 in front of the amp) - I read a post in 2008 offering options such as doing a series FX mod on the amp (which it seems would be a permanent thing - or is it not?) or trying diffrent delay pedals.

Here is the issue: I need a 'real solution for this' because I ultimately want to run multiple delays for really doom/shoegaze effects and infinit delays to build on. AND and I want the nice tone of my amp to remain AND trails on delay effects. Of course I do not want to part with the amp.
The only thing that I can do now is set delay level to the express pedal on the boss me70, and by taming it i can control the oscillation, but seriously if feels like the amp will explode if i don't do that - scary - especially since i want to focus on playing not making sure the amp explodes :|

Given the predicament of wanting to maintain amp tone, any users here that found a true solution to this (by the way I am by no means an amp technitian, but can contact one to see if they can do said solutions you present)

thank you very much.

Have you tried replacing your poweramp valves yet?

KH Guitar Freak said:
Have you tried replacing your poweramp valves yet?

Fierce :lol:

This is all in how you have the effects loop and the effects parameters set, from reading through your problem.
Delay oscillation occurs when the delay level is set too high and the repeats too many.
You're only going to exacerbate that by using multiple effects in the same loop.

What I'd do, is add the effect individual units. Work out what you can dial back. Don't try listening to both pedals together.
Failing that, try running them on a 2 amp set up.
Or use a good multitap delay. The one on my Gsystem is quite adaptable. I've an old Watkins tape echo that's very analogue but oscillates at the drop of a hat.

Thank you guys for the replies. Bump. I am trying to figure this out still and it is giving me lots of trouble.

I have not thought of replacing the poweramp valves, but can consider this.

I am considering the series modification to the amp effects loop but am worried this may in the end not solve my problem whatsoever. So any more input is much appreciated!

I am putting down my set up to see if it helps - maybe something on my chain can help resolve this
option a) guitar > tuner (TC polytune) > JOYO vintage overdrive > Bigg Muff > mesa rocket44 amp input > effects loop (parallel) send into boss me70 input > ditto loop station > return of effects loop.

I am trying to run the mix for the effects loop around 30-40%. The boss me70 is at maxed output, as I am

Ultimately I want to have the following on the effects loop: 1 to 2 delay pedals, 1 to 2 reverb pedals and modulation (phaser, chorus, tremolo, octave - maybe in a mutimodulation unit like Strymon Mobius)

Delay pedals I am considering: Nemesis, TC Triple Flashback Delay and Timeline (Strymon)
Reverb pedals I am considering: Eventide Space, Reverb Empress, TC Hall of Fame, Boss RV-6
As for other modulation I am considering running the Mobius Strymon or a Phaser, Chorus and Tremolo stompboxes.

Cheers

Upadate. Got some help from another page and am pasting my answer to the solution.

Using the Ebtech level shifter I managed to control the oscilation.
Method:
Run Fx Loop Send to +4bd of Ebtech Channel 1 and then run -10db from Channel one into Pedal input.
Run Pedal Ouptup back into Ebtech, Channel 2 at -10db, and then use +4db of Channel 2 to connect back to the Fx Loop Return on the amp.

My mix for the Parallel loop is about 45%-50%.
Because my main effects are delays and reverb, I am considering still the Series Mod.
I read loads about doing the Series mod in the Rectifiers of old. However, with the rocket 44, a much less discussed amp, I am unsure of its ramifications.

Latest posts

Back