The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:37 am 
Mark II

Right now I'm running it through the stock 4 - Vintage 30s, but feel like I'm missing something tone-wise. In retrospect, I probably should have gotten the RK split cab. Anyway, I do have 2 brand new Warehouse Speakers BL80(Classic Lead clones). Has anyone here tried this 2+2 combination or CL80 or BL80's alone? I have also heard good things about Seventy 80's.
I know, "put them in & see for yourself dummy!". I just don't have as much time as I have projects & hope for some insight from you guys.
Thanks-in-Advance.
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:09 pm 
Single Recto

Problem suggestion guitar speakers, everyone has different taste. Close minded person will swear "so-so" speakers are the best and everything else is junk. Heated argument, insults etc ...

I do recommend when mixing speakers look at the efficiency rating, the SPL. When mixing speakers, the one with the highest SPL will dominate the tone. That could be both beneficial or a distraction.

I bought Celestion Heritage G12H-30 and Celestion Greenback G12M and the one selling me said that the G12H-30 has a rating of 100 SPL while the G12M has a 96 dB. He said I will hear more of the G12H-30.

Vintage 30s has a mid range peak that either like, or don't like. I compare the Vintage 30s to the G12-30H and seems like the G12H-30 was more balance through the whole spectrum. I don't favor one over the other, just like to have both to compare and contrast. Both are keeper for me.