Dual rectifier problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! So I have a 1994, silver chassis, 2 channel dual rectifier, and its acting up. It's powering on, but it's not activating the channel like normal no matter which channel is selected. This of course means I get no sound. It did this yesterday, but after sitting for a bit in standby, it finally kicked the channel on by itself. Not so lucky today. It's almost like it's stuck in pre channel limbo. I swapped the fuse just in case, and looked at the tubes, but everything seems ok. anyone have an idea of what could be malfunctioning?

Edit: I actually am getting a sound, but it's just a buzz/hum that is not effected by the master volume level.

opiateofthemasses said:
Edit: I actually am getting a sound, but it's just a buzz/hum that is not effected by the master volume level.

Had an 800 that did that. Turned out to be a bust speaker jack socket. The buzzy hummy sound that was very quiet was the OT blowing.

Dunno about the channel select stuff at all.

If the channel lights don't come on and you only get him, the switching or power supply need a looksie. Call Mesa for a qualified tech.

Latest posts

Back