New Mesa EL-34 amp - Triple Crown TC-50 Now Official!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sloanthebone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Now official!

http://mesaboogie.com/amplifiers/electric/triple-crown-series/index.html

Mesa Triple Crown TC-50 Combo Guitar Amplifier

The new 3-channel, 50-watt, EL-34 powered Triple Crown TC-50 from MESA Engineering captures the essence of Rock with the ability to inspire new genres in a way only MESA can. Emanating from the “other side of MESA” that spawned Rock’s iconic Dual Rectifier, this new platform features a bold and unapologetic set of new circuits unlike anything else in our line.

From bubbly, sparkling clean sounds, rarely heard in this type of amp, to an amazingly tight and aggressive wall of Rock Crunch, to one of our most lyrical, harmonically rich and gain-laden high-gain channels ever, the Triple Crown’s aim is to reclaim Rock’s high-gain throne! Experience the new King of Rock – The Triple Crown TC-50!

Features:

Made in Petaluma, California with the world’s finest materials
All-Tube Amplifier: 2xEL-34 Power Tubes / 6x12AX7 & 1x12AT7
Preamp Tubes
50-Watt Class A/B Power Amp delivers exceptional power, punch & clarity
Bias Select Switch for use with EL-34, 6V6 or 6L6 Power Tubes
Fixed Bias for consistent, maintenance-free performance

3 Fully Independent Channels with 2 Modes:

Channel 1 (Clean) Features:
Normal or Drive Modes - Independent
Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, Reverb (rear panel) & Master
Controls

Channel 2 (LO Gain) Features:
Normal or Tight Modes -
Independent Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, Reverb (rear panel)
& Master Controls

Channel 3 (HI Gain) Features:
Normal or Tight Modes - Independent
Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, Reverb (rear panel) & Master
Controls

Output Level Control (over all channels)
Footswitchable Solo Level Control (over all channels)
Footswitchable, All-Tube, Long-Tank, Spring Reverb with
Independent Channel Controls (rear panel)
Footswitchable, Fully Buffered, Tube FX Loop
Built-In CabClone™ Cabinet Simulator and more featuring:
Closed-Back, Open-Back and Vintage Voices
Internal Amp Load & Headphone Output
Speaker On/Off & Ground Lift Switches
Uncompensated, +4db Direct Line Output (for external cab sims/IR, etc.)
MIDI Switchable/Programmable via Control Change and
Program Change messages, with 256 Preset Location (MIDI
IN, MIDI Thru/Out, MIDI Channel & Store Switches) – Controls
Channels 1, 2, 3, Reverb, FX Loop & Solo)
All Aluminum Chassis
3x3, 6 Button Footswitch (Bottom Row: Channel 1, Channel 2, Channel 3 – Top Row: Reverb, FX Loop, Solo)
Slip Cover

I've never heard of it, and it's not listed on their web-site.

The description does have that Mesa "vibe" to it, though.

Nice! I wonder if this is the amp that is replacing the Royal Atlantic. It has Lo and Hi gain channels just like the Royal Atlantic but with separate controls this time.

geese_com said:
Nice! I wonder if this is the amp that is replacing the Royal Atlantic. It has Lo and Hi gain channels just like the Royal Atlantic but with separate controls this time.

Probably another unique sounding Mesa. Looks like they are incorporating plenty of different features from the Mesas of the yesteryears. Be great to check one out

A couple of observations.....

-lo channel is shown with a blue led..... when has Mesa used blue LED's for a 2nd channel? I see on their amps Green / Amber / Red for channels (just checked their site now)
-the amber LED near the Standby and Power switches says EFX.... when has Mesa ever labelled the FX loop as EFX? Their amps say FX when labelled.

I could be wrong but I'm suspicious. For Mesa not to advertise the amp first, well, this place is going to get a swift kick in the backside if they let the cat out of the bag early. I googled for this amp and it's not shown anywhere else......

Blaklynx said:

-lo channel is shown with a blue led..... when has Mesa used blue LED's for a 2nd channel? I see on their amps Green / Amber / Red for channels (just checked their site now)
-the amber LED near the Standby and Power switches says EFX.... when has Mesa ever labelled the FX loop as EFX? Their amps say FX when labelled.

I could be wrong but I'm suspicious. For Mesa not to advertise the amp first, well, this place is going to get a swift kick in the backside if they let the cat out of the bag early. I googled for this amp and it's not shown anywhere else......

The rumour is that it will be announced shortly. In Australia, that would probably mean sometime tomorrow

Blaklynx said:

I've had the same train of thought..

A.

Wouldn't surprise me if Mesa started leaking details of upcoming products, just to build excitement and interest. NAMM is only month and a half away

If this was a random news site reporting this, I would question the validity. However, this is a Mesa authorized dealer. I would find it hard to believe that they would be posting something rumored or fake.

Yes and if the dealer is trusted, reliable and candid with Mesa. There is no reason why it wouldn't be beneficial for both parties to generate some interest in the amp. Get people talking and thinking about it, just as we are. :shock:

Blaklynx said:

The Royal Atlantic's Lo/2nd Channel uses a blue LED: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byibQRfiH_U

I agree that Mesa never uses "EFX" for the Effects Loop. However, on the Roadster it is labelled "Loop" on the front panel, so there is precedent of them using a different name for the effects loop for the front panel.

Knew I'd seen EFX on a Mesa before

MarkVSLIDE6.jpg

Good thing sloanthebone copied all that before it got taken down. I was very skeptical at first but I don't know what to belive now. Who knows. Authorized Boogie is currently browsing this thread so maybe they will tell us this is bogus. Or maybe their silence will confirm it... :oops:

Back