Mark V + two cabs. 1 x 4ohm and 1 x 8ohm together. OK?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nznat2016

Reaction score
I have a new Mark V Head. I also have a new 2 x 12 Road King Cab, (half closed sealed and half open as you know). Also, i have a Mesa Thiele 1 x 12 Cab. ""I want to make use of both of them together if i can""

The 2 x 12 Road King is 4ohm mono (or you can run it 2 x 8ohm stereo). There is no parallel output on them.

The 1 x 12 Thiele Speaker Cab is 8hom (with a parallel output)

I'm a little confused as to how to run these two cabs together at the same time with the mark V "safely". Or maybe it's totally safe to do so. HELP!

My view is: It will be One cable from one 4ohm output of the Mark V to the 4ohm mono input of the road king Cab and a cable from the other 4ohm output of the Mark V to the 8ohm input of the Thiele Cab.

Will that be ok? This hook up is NOT in the Mesa Mark V manual and i can't seem to find it anywhere, yet I'm sure the info is somewhere.

To me it seems as if it will be a safe mismatch. Yet I would absolutely love some input on this situation.

thanks

connecting it the way you suggest, your total impedance is going to be 2.7 ohms. The 8 ohm cab is only going to get 33.3% of the output power

that didn't answer my question, as i don't know what way you were referring to?

i.e. can i connect from the mesa amp to the thiele cab, (Mesa head 4 ohm output tap to the 8ohm thiele cab) and then use the parallel output of that thiele cab to the 2 x 12 road king 4 ohm input? Still same result? 2.7ohm load?

or is there another way?

seems like there is no way to connect them together maybe?

Back