Mark V - Channel dropping out

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simfoe

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Having a problem with my Mark V's channel 2 where the sound is cutting out. I switch to the channel and I have sound briefly but it then drops completely - and returns if I touch the gain knob or switch wattage settings or turn the EQ on and off, then drops again after 10 seconds or so. None of the other rotary knobs affect it and work as normal. The channel also doesn't sound (albeit listening in the brief seconds it works) particularly great.

I have replaced power tubes and appropriate preamp tubes for channel 2 and the problem persists. It doesn't happen on the other channels and they sound fine.

Any ideas? I'm out of warranty now (us UK buyers only get 1 year!) so trying to avoid sending it to a repair shop :D Luckily I don't use channel 2 all that much!

Mate give Westside a ring, they handle Mesa Distribution and repairs in the UK. Oreste Gargaro, top bloke. And I mean top bloke. Sorted my Pedal Power 2 out for me, free of charge when it was well outside warranty. When my Mark V footswitch bust, I took it back to GuitarGuitar on the Sunday, they sent it to Westside. I had it back the following Wednesday. 2 working days to get it, fix it and send it back to me. That's like super human customer service.

Not saying you'll get a free fix. But I'll bet you a Les Paul you won't be over charged for the repair

Cheers. Are they any relation to the Westside on Denmark Street that sell Mesas?

It'd be fairly easy for me to drop the amp off there.

Maybe

http://www.westsidedistribution.com/tag/denmark-street/

Whether they'll handle repairs or not is another matter.
Personally I'd just ring up the distro centre and talk to Oreste. He's the fella that came through both times for me. Being as though you're out of warranty, you have to take it that you're going to pay postage anyway.

Back