NAD - actually a day or two ago - Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb 50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Assault Bacon

Reaction score
So, this is my second Mesa Boogie combo - the first was a Rocket 44. I'm really pleased with this so far. It's a Series 1 Mesa Boogie Rectoverb 50 and it's in great condition.

For those who notice, no - that's not the original handle. It had no handle when I picked it up and no foot controller, either. I had the handle on my shelf and it fit. I still need to find a foot controller - Mesa sells them on their website, but I'm going to look around locally for a used one first.

Some of the guys over at Metalguitarist have given me some tips on using and experimenting with this. Any suggestions anyone here might offer are more than welcome. Thanks.

Also, there seems to be something on the grill cloth - not sure what it is - it's white and crusty, like paint or flour or something stupid. I'm going to try upholstery cleaner first, I suppose - anyone have any suggestions on cleaning a grill cloth?

IMG_0259_zpsqpp4tfey.jpg

IMG_0260_zpstcrqdbjz.jpg

IMG_0264_zpsdd2jdj1z.jpg

Cool! Should be a fun amp. I've been thinking about getting either a RV or a Single Rec Solo head.

For the grill, I'd try a good vacuuming with the brush accessory first. Then a damp cloth and some rubbing. You could also try a harder cleaning brush, like you might get for cleaning sinks, but gently.

I'd avoid chemicals, they may interact with whatever Mesa sprays on the grill material. Saliva is a very good solvent as well.

If it is paint on the grill and it won't come off or is discolored from trying, take it off and lightly spray paint it, your only hope. I'd go with a "stain" finish. Krylon seems dry the fastest. Keep the spray can back about 18 inches and put on at least 2 coats in different directions as lightly as possible and check the nozzle for excessive build up, 4 coats would be about it before you'll start to get some nasty build up on the grill.

Markedman said:
If it is paint on the grill and it won't come off or is discolored from trying, take it off and lightly spray paint it, your only hope. I'd go with a "stain" finish. Krylon seems dry the fastest. Keep the spray can back about 18 inches and put on at least 2 coats in different directions as lightly as possible and check the nozzle for excessive build up, 4 coats would be about it before you'll start to get some nasty build up on the grill.

Thank you - I'm going to figure out what it is this weekend. Hopefully it's not paint...

Dreamtheaterrules said:
Nice amp! Congrats.

Thank you!

As it turns out, a damp towel removed whatever sticky stuff was on the grill cloth.

Also, I was able to quickly mod the effects loop for series and not burn the house down, so this baby is rockin'.

Back