Which to keep Triaxis or F-100

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwrenne

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a F-100 that has always given me trouble, and I have posted here before about it. I have owned several F series amps and all of them have failed in some way in a live situation. I wouldn't care if they didn't sound so **** good.

I got a killer deal on a triaxis with a really nice 395 power amp and a triaxis non-fat mod rectifier red channel. I haven't played this yet, and I was offered significantly more than what I paid for this rig and I am seriously considering the offer.

To only have space for one amp so its either the one that gives me a lot of trouble but sounds like a dream or an unknown preamp+poweramp rig.

I play surf (with external reverb), and then heavy high gain crusty punk in the His Hero is Gone, Holy Mountain, Avskum.

I know the triaxis rig is a step above as far as original price, but what is really the better sounding rig? Any thoughts?

I have had both, and IMO the Triaxis is a huge pain to work with and never sounded that great to me. Sure, I probably could have kept twiddling, but...

It's a shame you've had issues with the F's. I had two F50s and NEVER had a problem. If it were me, I'd keep the F100. I almost bought one, but then the siren song of the JP2C got me.

Latest posts

Back