New Research Project

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afu

Reaction score
I've an idea to trace Boogie's amp designs by reviewing schematics, interviews and audiovisual sources. I will look for major things which are common and carry over from an ancestor, a competitor, convention, and innovations. If anyone has anything they'd like to know or anything they'd like to offer, all my findings will be freely available on my blog, just as it is with my look into the design of the Rectifier amp.

This will likely take a lot of preparation, so it could be several months before I write a single blog post about it. Thanks in advance.

I'm just going to say I am thoroughly excited for this.

Also, it would be great to dig into some of the mythical mods in detail, like the Mesa Mark IIC++ mod.

One section it could possibly use would be a breakdown of the Mark V lead channel, and how in actuality all three modes are essentially the IIC+ design, just IIC+ mode is small GEQ cap and no pull Deep, IV mode is the larger GEQ cap and PULL DEEP engaged, and the Extreme is the removal or restructuring of the negative feedback.

I followed Boogie since '77.

In my opinion there was a change between Mark II to the Mark III. More preamp gain going away from hot- rodded Fender tone.

Funny how Randall Smith decided he had to have another line of amps introduce the "Dual Rectifier" to get into hot rodded Marshall - Soldano market => Rectifier Series.

I wanted to do this, but it isn't going to happen. If someone wants to run with it, that is fine with me.

afu said:
I wanted to do this, but it isn't going to happen. If someone wants to run with it, that is fine with me.

I'm gutted, was proper looking forward to this, something I'd love to do myself but what with family and work commitments just wouldn't have the time to give it the attention and respect such an important subject deserves. I truly hope afu has a change of heart/circumstances to allow this to happen or someone else picks up the torch and runs with it.

Latest posts

Back