Nomad Channel 3 Mod to clone or emulate Channel 2 ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex D

Reaction score
Hi

Wondering if anyone here knows if Channel 3 on the Nomad Amps can be easily made to clone or emulate Channel 2?

Thanks in advance

Alex

I have owned a Nomad 55, and still own a Nomad 100.
Channel 2 & 3 are very different to my ears. Channel 3 is an all out monster for gain and sustain, while channel 2 always sounded (and felt) more subdued.

While you can get close with the right settings, I don't think it's possible to get them sounding exactly the same.

Thanks for the reply, I meant if anyone knows any Modifications to rewire channel 3 to Clone or Emulate channel 2 :)

Alex D said:
Hi

Wondering if anyone here knows if Channel 3 on the Nomad Amps can be easily made to clone or emulate Channel 2?

Thanks in advance

Alex
Quickly looking over schematics on the net it looks like the only difference between Ch 2 & Ch 3 are the tone stack and presence circuit component values.

I'm sure that any decent tech could modify one to reflect the other.

Dom

Thanks for this DOM. I know a guy here who may be able to do that.

Guess I was hoping someone here had similar feeling to myself and already done this :)

Hi

I have an EQ pedal I put in the effects chain that tweaks channel 3 to my liking. A cheap and non-permanent fix?

Mine is a digital programmable one that I can save and recall four different curves.

Hours of fun...

Back