NCD! What speakers for Metal Grill halfback 412?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronSean

Reaction score
Hey all, Exciting New Cab day for my Mark V. I found a Mesa metal gill Halfback 412!

oOTqY2h.jpg

Unfortinately, the seller was wrong when he told me what speakers were in it. There's the original Black Shadow MC-90 speakers in the top, but he told me there were EVM-12Ls in the bottom he was wrong, when when I cracked it open they were actually the VS-12 Vintage Black Shadows. He offered to take it back, but I drank enough of the kool-aid on these cabs to keep it instead.

I've got an old EVM-12L sitting around, or some G12T-75s. Do I search for another EVM-12L? I've got a line on some local Eminence speakers like a Texas heat. What should I try?

I say find another evm-12l. I have the vertical 2x12 of this. I love it with the mc90 up top and the ev12 on bottom. But I run a tremoverb through it. My favorite cab I've tried. It just fills the room with the the open top and closed bottom. My next fav for the tremoverb is an old Marshall 4x12 with gt12-75 up top and ev12 bottom. Not much of a vintage 30 fan. of course this could totally not a mark v.

Latest posts

Back