Dear Mesa...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screamingdaisy

Reaction score
Now that the JP2C is out.... How about a new Electra-Dyne?

Three fully independent channels.

And skip all the bulltshit about vintage tones... it's a f*cking sledgehammer. People didn't buy it to play lightweight covers of Cream... People bought it because it crushed skulls. It's a Rectifier for people who don't want all the gain of a Rectifier. You marketed it with a PRS and a bottle of wine when you should've used a shotgun and a bottle of Jack Daniels.

And lastly, don't give it the Royal Atlantic trim. That amp was an ugly cross between a piece of furniture and an appliance my grandmother probably threw out when I was still a small child. The Electra Dyne looked awesome. It was like Marshall's far cooler, much more bad assed cousin had arrived.

Paint it black.

Don't stop there screamingdaisy! What else do you want on it?! Obviously independent channels without the shared controls. 3 channels? Maybe 4? I'd like to see a mini Electra Dyne. Or at least a 10 watt class A setting like the V has. Maybe we'll see more use of midi from mesa now that they've finally put it in an amp. New modes? More gain? Is that even a question? :mrgreen: Gotta have some new features and or modes. But they still should keep some simplicity, like the original. 4 channels. Clean, low, high, and a new higher high.

Honestly, it's kind of a toss up on whether I want them to maintain the relative simplicity while adding individual channel controls... Or whether they kick it up a notch somehow. I'm indifferent to adding a high gain channel because of how well it takes an overdrive, and limiting the gain will keep the ED distinctly separate from the Mark and Recto.

A 10w mode would be good. I also wonder how it'd sound with a variac and/or tube rectifiers?

My fear is that they'll mess with it too much. I think they were onto something with this amp. It produces a sound neither of their two flagship amps are capable of and I'd does so while sounding distinctly "Mesa".

screamingdaisy said:
Now that the JP2C is out.... How about a new Electra-Dyne?

Three fully independent channels.

And skip all the bulltshit about vintage tones... it's a f*cking sledgehammer. People didn't buy it to play lightweight covers of Cream... People bought it because it crushed skulls. It's a Rectifier for people who don't want all the gain of a Rectifier. You marketed it with a PRS and a bottle of wine when you should've used a shotgun and a bottle of Jack Daniels.

And lastly, don't give it the Royal Atlantic trim. That amp was an ugly cross between a piece of furniture and an appliance my grandmother probably threw out when I was still a small child. The Electra Dyne looked awesome. It was like Marshall's far cooler, much more bad assed cousin had arrived.

Paint it black.

My pet conspiracy theory/wish is that Screaming Daisy is actually Kim Thayil hiding behind an alias.

Also, great post.

dlpasco said:
My pet conspiracy theory/wish is that Screaming Daisy is actually Kim Thayil hiding behind an alias.

Also, great post.

If he listed his guitar as a Guild SG copy then I think we'd have a winner.

I... agree and disagree.

I don't think of my Dyne as a skull-crusher. The thing that sold me was the absolute soulfulness and singing tone of the blue mode. The amazing clean was the knockout punch. Red... was cool, but the least useful for me.

Still, I agree that it is not a red-wine amp, it's a Jack Daniel's bluesy (boozy?) amp. Fer sure.

I love the metaphor about Marshall's badass cousin. That is nail-on-head.

Incidentally, I went with a custom headshell from Mesa. Love me some ostrich!

How about getting both Dyne and Royal Atlantic combined? I guess I am the only one that likes the RA looks but aside from that a switchable dual power section that uses 6L6 and or EL34 that can be switched on the fly. Then again maybe not ?

domct203 said:
I'd like a 3 channel Stiletto Deuce II, just add another Ch 2 so I can have my Fat Clean, Tite Gain rhythm & Fluid Drive lead. Of course MIDI & a Cab Clone as well.

Dom

+ 1... for the Ace as well.

bandit2013 said:
How about getting both Dyne and Royal Atlantic combined? I guess I am the only one that likes the RA looks but aside from that a switchable dual power section that uses 6L6 and or EL34 that can be switched on the fly. Then again maybe not ?

I also had this thought.

And, I agree with everyone. Great ideas.

I've always wanted a boutique-ish Marshall type. I haven't played an Ace but have listened to lots of clips and was actually following leads on a couple of them when my Mark V came along. I think the ability to switch between tite and fluid would make that an amp I had to have. I'll might get one anyway, just would like to play one first.

I've long asked for a revised TA15. If the Ace kills at the modified Marshall thing, I'd take it and not wait any longer for the TA II

Dreamtheaterrules said:
I've always wanted a boutique-ish Marshall type. I haven't played an Ace but have listened to lots of clips and was actually following leads on a couple of them when my Mark V came along. I think the ability to switch between tite and fluid would make that an amp I had to have. I'll might get one anyway, just would like to play one first.

I've long asked for a revised TA15. If the Ace kills at the modified Marshall thing, I'd take it and not wait any longer for the TA II

There are three phrases used today that if I ever use them with any sort of sincerity, you deserve a punch in the face. They are the following:
- "on the go"
- "plexi"
- "hot rodded plexi"

The last two terms are used to describe the Bogner Helios. I suppose that is true but it is kind of like saying the Bugatti Veyron is a car and Veyron SS is fast car; it leaves things understated. The Bogner Helios is what Marshall should have been and is where I would look if I were to buy a boutique-ish Marshall. This all coming from someone who KNEW he was going to hate the amp before he played it too. Just a thought.

After looking into the Dyne in more detail, I think I want one now. :roll:

Not quite sure what the marketing strategy is, but it would be hard pressed to see a Dyne or Royal to resurface. Perhaps the Lonestar went in a different direction based on the needs of others that may differ from that of those liking the Dyne or Royal. I still love what I have now which may explain the reasoning behind having two RA100. I could have gotten a Dyne but opted for the RA instead. It is still not the end of the line as I am sure I can find one but used.

"There are three phrases used today that if I ever use them with any sort of sincerity, you deserve a punch in the face."

how's that again????

himmelhund said:
"There are three phrases used today that if I ever use them with any sort of sincerity, you deserve a punch in the face."

how's that again????

:shock: Good catch! :lol: I must have been thinking "you can punch me in the face" and "I deserve a punch in the face" which resulted in "you deserve a punch in the face."

I thought that was for me. :roll: Remind me not to meet you in person as I am not fond of getting punched in the face either. :| , unless you are punching yourself in the face because you used the specific words with sincerity? :shock: I missed the boat and perhaps glad I did :x

If the quality of workmanship and materials was there with either current Fender or Marshall I would probably have one. I believe in 1987 I moved from Fender to Marshall, and shortly there after over to the Mesa Mark III (1987-1988) (had a blue marker strip on it). That little monster performed quite well and held up to everything I jabbered into it from the guitar. I sold it in 2012, amp was practically in mint condition, should have kept it. Picked up a Mark IV in 2000, and the Mark V came into the picture in 2012 after I sold the Mark III. Followed by a used RA100 head, new Roadster head and last but not least a used mint RA100 Combo (had a Stiletto Deuce for only a week and traded up for the RA combo). My future plans, do not sell any more amps....keep them and get more. I still regret selling the Mark III.

Back