Anyone tried an EVM-12L in a Mesa Widebody 112?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronSean

Reaction score
I've done some searching but haven't come across many good answers.

Has anyone put an EVM-12L into the new Mesa Widebody Closed Back 112 extension cabs?

Obviously the Thiele cabs are the classic choice, with those Thieles being designed expressly for the EVM-12L. But how does the widebody ported cab compare? I'm assuming they voiced it around the C90 they intended to sell it with but does it play nicely with EVM-12Ls or is the Thiele the better choice still.

I just put an EVM12L (classic new production model) in my wide body closed back cab a few months ago. I was very pleased with the sound. I used it at a gig and it was huge sounding. The stock c90 seemed to scooped for me in that cab and I like the EVM12L much better.

When I purchased the Mark Five 25 I decided to try the Wide Body Closed back based on the reviews. I think the wide body is a little bigger sounding overall. Currently I play through a Mesa Mark IV short head and couldn't be happier.

I was running two 1x12 Thiele cabs loaded with the EVM's a few years back and it was awesome! You can't go wrong with either cab IMO.

I have not used one in a wide body extension cab but have had one in my Mark V combo. Sounds great when pushing the envelope but at lower volume it sounds a bit sterile. I also ran 4 in a recto cab for about 2 years when I had the Mark V as a head prior to converting to combo. Was great with the Roadster head too but removed them for something else. Great speakers especially when loud playing is concerned.

Back