Mesa Boogie Roadking Reverb tank

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan28

Reaction score
This is interesting an I learned something new... For a long time now my Roadking II reverb has not been working...I called boogie and they wanted to charge me $75.00-$100.00 for a tank.. Because the Roadking was out of warranty.. So I put it off.. What is interesting is that I had a 50 watt recto verb years ago 2003...and I had boogie send me a reverb tank for it, but never used it, I called boogie about a year ago and asked would that tank work in the Roadking I was told no... Well today I installed it in the Roadking and it works perfect, it's bigger than the original one and a little better made, I did some investigation work with Google lol one tank was a Accutronics 9bb2a1b and the other is a Accutronics 9ab2a1b.. What is more interesting is when you google the price... I could of bought a new one not from Boogie for 35.00 bucks.. Another example of Boogie not taking care of a customer and jacking their prices up. So if you have a problem with your reverb and you have checked the tube, when you look at your tank it will have stamped on it the model, just google the model and buy a new one if your amp is not under warranty, you will save half the cost!

nathan28 said:
This is interesting an I learned something new... For a long time now my Roadking II reverb has not been working...I called boogie and they wanted to charge me $75.00-$100.00 for a tank.. Because the Roadking was out of warranty.. So I put it off.. What is interesting is that I had a 50 watt recto verb years ago 2003...and I had boogie send me a reverb tank for it, but never used it, I called boogie about a year ago and asked would that tank work in the Roadking I was told no... Well today I installed it in the Roadking and it works perfect, it's bigger than the original one and a little better made, I did some investigation work with Google lol one tank was a Accutronics 9bb2a1b and the other is a Accutronics 9ab2a1b.. What is more interesting is when you google the price... I could of bought a new one not from Boogie for 35.00 bucks.. Another example of Boogie not taking care of a customer and jacking their prices up. So if you have a problem with your reverb and you have checked the tube, when you look at your tank it will have stamped on it the model, just google the model and buy a new one if your amp is not under warranty, you will save half the cost!

Reverb tanks are $44.75 as seen on our ONLINE store - same price we quote over the phone.

The tank from a Recto-Verb II will work in a Road King I - the tank from a Recto-Verb I will work in a Road King II.

The tank you mention for $35 is slightly different, as we make an internal connection in the tank here at the factory.

You were not quoted $75-$100 for either tank...the price is set within our system. Thanks

I was definitely quoted the price mentioned or I would not have attempted to use a reverb tank in which i was told by you guys it wouldn't work and it did work...perfectly!! Ppl can save money by not going through you on these tanks period!!! Here is a link:

http://amprepairparts.com/reverb.htm

They start at 30.00

And here is a replacement for $20.00
https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/P-RMOD-9AB2A1B

Quit ripping your customers off!!!!

"The tank you mention for $35 is slightly different, as we make an internal connection in the tank here at the factory.
More BS! The above tanks I listed work fine and one is more than half the cost!!!

nathan28 said:
"The tank you mention for $35 is slightly different, as we make an internal connection in the tank here at the factory.
More BS! The above tanks I listed work fine and one is more than half the cost!!!

MEOW

Sorry to be rude but as over a ten year customer and as many amps as I've owned and got my buddies to own I expect no less than the best. Mesa makes an amazing product!

Authorized Boogie said:
nathan28 said:

Reverb tanks are $44.75 as seen on our ONLINE store - same price we quote over the phone.

The tank from a Recto-Verb II will work in a Road King I - the tank from a Recto-Verb I will work in a Road King II.

The tank you mention for $35 is slightly different, as we make an internal connection in the tank here at the factory.

You were not quoted $75-$100 for either tank...the price is set within our system. Thanks

The tank for the RK1 is listed as $59 on your website, so with shipping I could see it being around 75 to $100

Back