Mark V:25 and the 4CM

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ochrisl

Reaction score
I have a Digitech RP 1000 that I use with the 4CM with my Mark IV and it works great. I started using it with the Mark V:25 and at first it seems great but I have encountered a real problem. It seems the master volume on each channel of the Mark V:25 has no effect on the signal coming into the effect return. So if I am using an amp model on the Digitech I can't control the volume of it with the amps master. I have to adjust it on the Digitech.That's a big problem. With every volume adjustment of the amp I have to go into the Digitech and adjust that also (mid gig nightmare.)
With the Mark IV I could set the global volume on the Digitech to match the volume on the amp channel, then the master would control both equally. I could switch between the amps preamp and a model on the RP and the volume was always equal. I'm guessing the lack of a true master volume that controls both channel on the V:25 is the problem here? Anybody else have this problem?

Just use the global output volume of the RP or add a buffer with a gain knob between the RP output and the V:25 FX return as a post-FX master.

Back