Mark V combo...conversion to Head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elpingua

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a Mark V combo. I'm considering the possibility of converting it into a head. What are the options to go about this? Does anyone know if Boogie will sell you an original head shell? What are the other options? Is it even worth the trouble? Should I just sell/trade for a head?

My issue is that I don't think I like the combo shell/speaker. I seem to get alot of high end from it and it seems to lack depth/low end. Overall I dig it - just looking at what other options are out there.

I would say find a head and try it to make sure you like it. If you do, sell the combo and buy a head. By the time you get a head shell, you are at the cost of a used head and cab (your cost for the combo and a head shell).

Yeah buy a cab, you'll get a used 1936 for less than a headshell from Mesa.
You may be surprised at the results. I've found closed back cabs don't diminish high end at all. Just push low end forwards without increasing it.
The one thing about Mark amps is that you can get them as bright or dark as you need. Use the graphic to sort the treble problems out, would be my first port of call.

Back