Static and humm with Mesa Mark v:25

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trenthode23q

Reaction score
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NKK7HGs0OB4

This is a link to a video of the problem

I was playing with a few pedals in the effects loop and wanted to see the tone loss I was getting etc
I went to remove the effects loop cable while the amp was on and was not in standby after I did this the amp started making the hum and static noise ( the static noise sounds like when a cable or guitar jack have gone bad) the noise in the video is coming from the amp it is not my hands moving the camera around or anything. The noise continues if the effects loop is plugged back in or even when no cables are connected to the amp just the amp straight to the cabinet.
Did I blow a preamp tube or my speaker or anything? I did not know you could not remove effects loop cables from an amp while it was still on
Any help would he appreciated I just got this amp yesturday from sweet water so I'm extremely upset but take full blame if I was a dumbass and blew a tube and or anything
Please watch the video and give me any help guys
thank you for your time!

The static sounds like a bad preamp tube. I've had that in a number of amps over the years.

Latest posts

Back