Classic Santana Tone on a MK V 25?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdortona

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck getting the classic Carlos tone on the MKV25? If you have, could you post your settings? Thanks!

Matt

turn up the gain, down the bass, neck pickup, humbucker, guitar tone at 1/4 and a hint of delay. If you want, engage the geq with a frown type setup

Matt! What's up, man? I've not tried to chase any Santana tones on the V25, but just wanted to say what's up! Glad you are still on the Mesa side of the spectrum. I'm sure the tones you seek are in there. The little V is a versatile little beast!

Happy tone hunting

Hey Adam Old Pal!
How have you been? Thinking about picking up a MkV25 for the second time (like that's a surprise,eh :roll: ). First time out I found the cleans wonderful but thought the c+ mode was somewhat thin. Anyway, I'm convinced that was user error and maybe using the wrong speaker (cannabis Rex). Played one last weekend through a Black Shadow in a LSS combo and it sounded good. So it got me thinking again. My band mate buddy has a MKV head, but my back isn't getting any younger. Lugging my 5:25 combo around is enough.

In other news, I'm hopefully snagging a Subway Blues in the next week or two. Just need to coordinate a day and time the seller and i can meet. Such problems! Take care! Good to hear from you!

Matt

mdortona said:
Hey Adam Old Pal!
How have you been? Thinking about picking up a MkV25 for the second time (like that's a surprise,eh :roll: ). First time out I found the cleans wonderful but thought the c+ mode was somewhat thin. Anyway, I'm convinced that was user error and maybe using the wrong speaker (cannabis Rex). Played one last weekend through a Black Shadow in a LSS combo and it sounded good. So it got me thinking again. My band mate buddy has a MKV head, but my back isn't getting any younger. Lugging my 5:25 combo around is enough.

In other news, I'm hopefully snagging a Subway Blues in the next week or two. Just need to coordinate a day and time the seller and i can meet. Such problems! Take care! Good to hear from you!

Matt

Doing well, man! Still chugging away at this guitar playing thing with a Mesa as the basis of my tone. I've calmed down on the constant amp swapping since landing on the V:25.

Yea, Mesa seems to pair their amps with the C90 and V30 for a reason. I'd like to try a Fillmore at some point as I'm sure it is a great sounding speaker as well. I've messed around with C+ and think it works well if you have a bass player taking up most of that low end's space. IV mode thickens things up in my jam space since the bass and drums share a Simmons PA speaker so the bass is not very prominent.

Anyway, good luck with the amp endeavors!

Back