Mesa Rocket 44 -- parallel to series effects loop mod.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 21540

Reaction score
If anyone's interested I just finished modding the effects loop on my Rocket 44 from parallel to series. I followed the thread below which relates to the F series but the mod is the same in all regards. Series is what I have been used to over the years and it works much better for my set up. I have tried to use the stock Rocket loop for 4 years or so and I have never been very happy with running my delays, reverbs and modulation effects through it. It was hard to get right in a live setting (the master volumes increased the effects levels) and it was very touchy at lower volumes too. Even running my pedals with 100% wet signal, where possible, I just couldn't ever get the balance right and there was some weird hum at lower and higher loop settings on the knob (but not in the middle of the traverse which was aways too much signal anyway). Either way it's easy to do and easy to change back if required.

http://www.grailtone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=42515

Latest posts

Back