Mark IV for Slayer, Heavy Metal sound or Tremoverb??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agus

Reaction score
Do any one have any experience with the Mark IV or Tremiverb for heavy Metal? What would be the best amp for some heavy sounds like Slayer, Lamb of God, Metallica sound? I got a Tremoverb but I am still waiting on Tremoverb to get deliver. Any one use a Mark IV for heavy *** sounds? Not trying to sound stupid but I have to ask thanks!!

Agus said:
Do any one have any experience with the Mark IV or Tremiverb for heavy Metal? What would be the best amp for some heavy sounds like Slayer, Lamb of God, Metallica sound? I got a Tremoverb but I am still waiting on Tremoverb to get deliver. Any one use a Mark IV for heavy *** sounds? Not trying to sound stupid but I have to ask thanks!!
Are you having buyers remorse? You haven't yet received the amp and you are already second guessing it.

As mentioned in the thread you started a week ago, the TOV is a great amp, quite suited for metal.
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=69873

You need to give the TOV a chance, & IMO is one of the best Rectos Mesa made.

Yes, the Mark series (IIC thru V) are very suited for metal.

Dom

The tremoverb should suit you well for metal. If you find that it is too muddy or loose then you can tighten it up with an overdrive or just use a parametric eq to reduce some bass before the amp. Active pickups are also great with any rectifier. They tend to tighten it up because the active provides a mid boost.

That being said, the Mark IV is fantastic for metal as well. I found that with the mark you don't need an overdrive or eq to tighten it up. Just lower the bass knob and dial the bass back in with the eq sliders.

No I haven't received it yet and no I'm not regreting getting the Tremoverb, is just there's some one around my area selling a Mark IV so I just thought I ask. No regrets in the Tremoverb at all, also there's been flooding in my area so that's another delay on the amp. I just thought I ask about the comparison on both amps.

Honestly I believe you will find the tremoverb perfectly suited for what you need from what you have described. As others have stated the right pickups and instrument also matter some. I have active pickups in my fender jim root telecaster and that thing nails metallica and justice for all sounds plugged straight into my tremoverb. I have no mods, no pedals, nothing; just guitar and amp and it slays for that stuff on the modern high gain channel. With my carvin cali carv top(pickups are screamin demon in the neck and Gibson iommi in the bridge) I can get lynch mob to slayer on the vintage high gain channel all day long.

The tremoverb must be fairly high on the master volume though to make any of this matter. That amp truly is best sounding cranked on any channel.

Lamb Of God used Mark IV's on there first 3 albums, they Mark Morton used Royal Atlantics, they both use Mark V's now.

Latest posts

Back