Rectoverb 25 vs mini rectifier, help me choose!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitar137335

Reaction score
Hi,
So I mainly play buckethead and some foo fighters, joe satrani. Where I live I can't test this amps out. no reverb on the mini is no prob for me as I have a reverb pedal. So what's the difference between? im I right that the mini recto has slightly more gain? I personally thing the mini recto looks a lot cooler. Also portability is no problem for me, as I'm just going to leave it in one place most of the time. Also maybe in the future for gigs , is 25 watts loud enough?
Sorry for all the questions this is my first 'proper' amp and its a lot of money for me!!
Thanks!

EDIT: also is this the right cab to go with it? http://www.thomann.de/gb/mesa_boogie_mini_rectifier_twenty_five_sl.htm
As I just read the mini recto flux drive Thread and they said it's rubbish?

Same thing bro, just and obvious difference; once does have a tube for spring reverb purposes and the other does not.

It will be a matter of your particular preference, as you can always add reverb from any external pedal of your choice if desire later on.

What ^^^they said^^^. Same amp. The only difference is the reverb, and you can get the ROV as a combo; not so with the Mini Rec.

As for the speaker cab, it's a personal preference thing. I've got the Mini slant cab (the one in your link). I love it with my Mini Rec. I like - no, LOVE - mids. The V30 is a perfect match for the amp, imo. For a 1x12, it's tight with decent bass response, and it projects really well.

As for "enough power" for gigging there are a lot of factors involved with what is "enough." I play in a blues-rock/blues/jazz trio with a fairly aggressive drummer, and I have no problems being heard in the mix, mic'd or not. Even when mic'd, if not enough stage volume is an issue, a wedge monitor, IEMs, or whatever takes care of that. The only problem you may have with 25W is headroom. If you need LOUD, pristine, virginal cleans, it may not be enough in a band setting. There isn't much volume difference between 10W and 25W, but 25W gives you a bit more headroom. Again, it all depends on your situation.

Ideally, it would be great to try before you buy; bummer that you can't do that. They're both great amps.

I've had my MiniRecto for a month now, and could not be more pleased. Reverb is a nice feature, but I rarely use it, so the MR fills the bill, for me. ????????!! I will be picking up an HOF pedal, for those few occasions. Whichever one you choose, you won't be wrong!

Have you actually A/B'd the Mini vs the Rectoverb 25? Perhaps its the same circuit, but they DO NOT sound the same. The Rectoverb sounds much better.

I disagree. I had both at the same time and A/B'd them quite a bit. They sound identical to me.

My RV25 was a combo, and it sounded quite a bit different into the combo speaker than an external cab. But the MR sounded the same as the RV25 when running both in to the same cab, whether it was the internal or an external.

elvis said:
I disagree. I had both at the same time and A/B'd them quite a bit. They sound identical to me.

My RV25 was a combo, and it sounded quite a bit different into the combo speaker than an external cab. But the MR sounded the same as the RV25 when running both in to the same cab, whether it was the internal or an external.

We'll agree to disagree then.

Latest posts

Back