Too Much?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!

As for the pedal boards, one is a board only, the other is a rack setup. I only use one at a time, depending on how much junk I want to transport.

There are two too many hats in that setup!

Elvis, how do you like the TC-Electronics G-System (it looks like that's what's on one of your pedal boards). I've been thinking about getting one for a very long time but wasn't sure how it'd take to a dual rec at live levels and how the effects sound. Any experience with using it for amp switching too?

I love the G System. It is complicated to set up, but there is a lot of great support available for it. In particular there is a white paper written by Laird Williams that gives a step-by-step guide to all things G.

It also has its limitations and quirks, as does most equipment. In particular, the effects are set up in a particular order in the chain and you can only use one of each type at a time. Also, the relay switching has some delay with some amps (solvable with an Amp Gizmo), and for really high gain amps, it can be a little noisy (solvable with a quiet preamp up front like a Sunday Driver or a Spark Boost).

If you are OK with these, it is an amazing pedal. The internal effects are simply the best quality. It is reasonably flexible. In particular, it is one of very few pedals that allows individual On/Off control of effects within a preset without having to switch modes. The only other high-end unit that does this is a GCX/GCP (which is my other pedal system). It controls amp switching and up to 4 effects. (NOTE: The Mesa pedal is only on the board just in case I have a problem on stage. It's not connected. The reverb pedal is for my acoustic guitar only which doesn't run through the GS, the GS reverbs are great.) I have a couple of gain pedals and a couple of mod pedals in the loops. So I don't have to touch ANYTHING but the G System, and it controls everything else in my rig. I've had it for years and tried other stuff along the way (including my monster rack setup) but so far keep going back to the GS.

You will have to have a 100% series effects loop to use it (not just the G, this is true for any digital loop effects unit). You can read about this in the white paper.
http://www.guitaraffair.com/pdfs/g-system-configuration-and-troubleshooting-guide.pdf

The Dyne is an amazing amp, but really better suited to larger venues. I am having a great experience with the 25W amps.

A shame, really. Of all my amps, the tone of the Dyne absolutely wins.

elvis said:
The Dyne is an amazing amp, but really better suited to larger venues. I am having a great experience with the 25W amps.

A shame, really. Of all my amps, the tone of the Dyne absolutely wins.

A big +1. I loved the tones from the Dyne, but it was just too overpowering, especially with truckloads of bass on tap. After the Dyne I began delving into EL84 amps (Dual Terror) and haven't really looked back. I'm hoping the V25 will fit all bills. Now if it only had 2 more EL84s, 35-40 watts with power switching would be ideal for me...

Latest posts

Back