1x12 Rectifier Cab? Anybody using one?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a 1x12 Recto cab, I didn't know they made one. It's pretty small (old school narrow body size, about 19" wide), closed back with a Vintage 30 in it.
He wants $250 for it.
I was thinking about picking it up to use with my DC-3. The DC has gobs of mids and highs, but not a lot of lows.

Anybody use one? Do they sound decent?
Should I put a C-90 in it or keep the V-30?

Hi Monsta!

I had a pair of them a while back with a Triaxis and 50/50 setup. I hated them.

I originally got them trying to get decent low-frequencies without a huge cab. They didn't deliver. Plus overall they are too tight, so all frequencies sound kind of muffled to me and there is no life to the sound.

I had a couple 3/4 1x12 that were OK, though heavy on the low-end and dead on top. I tried the MR 1x12 cabs and liked them even less than the standard recto 1x12.

I get pretty good results from an Electradyne 1x12 27" combo (minus the amp) that I have laying around. That is a lot like the 3/4 cabs.

I just got a widebody ported 1x12 that I am getting really good results from. It has a V30 and kicked the *** of a Theile with C90, and performed almost as well as a vertical 2x12 recto when I demo'd it side-by-side. Not bad at all for $500 with tax.

Thanks Elvis. I'll probably still try it out. I'm looking to use it with my DC-3 combo, so it may sound pretty decent that way.

I remember owning one for a day and trying it with a Rev. G Dual Rec head. I hated it and immediately traded it for a widebody 1x12 with the half back, which I liked much more.

Going to second Elvis' opinion here.

I've had great results with my RA 27" 1 x 12. I think the large format 1 x 12s are best since they sound more open / less boxy. 1 x 12s have always been my least favourite speaker format and I much prefer a 2 x 12 while a 4 x 12 sounds ideal. The RA 27" 1 x 12 really has been a much needed addition to my setup for all the small stuff. I DEFINITELY would not go for a small 1 x 12. EW EW EW.

Hey Andy!

got one and i will second our friends up there opinions . . . mine had a shrill trebly tone that i didnt like it and it was too boxy sounding, plus it's a hell to carry, since it's a square design and it didnt fit very well in a car's trunk, it's odd . . .

the thiele slaves it every day of the week . . . 8)

Back