Can't get the solo working on a Nomad 45

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebigcheese

Reaction score
My bandmate has been rocking a Fender DeVille, which was a terrible choice for him, for some time now and I noticed a sweet-looking Boogie at work for the low price of $580. Plugged it in to see how it sounds and was pretty happy with it, so I let him know that he should get it. He did, and he loves it. Everything works except the solo function. The LED on the footswitch comes on, but nothing happens. The sound remains the same. I've opened up the footswitch (everything looks okay, at least on the surface), the amp (again, it looks okay, at least), and I've tried a different footswitch cable. This isn't a total deal breaker for him, since he still loves the amp (and I could probably get the boss to discount it a bit for being broken), but it would be really nice to have that back up and running. Any ideas what I should be looking for?

The solo boost doesn't kick in until its level is higher than the master volume. A few times mine has "stopped working" until I realized I had turned it down accidentally. According to the manual, it works in parallel to the regular output volume. If you play very quietly, the solo boost doesn't do much.

Hope that helps some.

thebigcheese said:
My bandmate has been rocking a Fender DeVille, which was a terrible choice for him, for some time now and I noticed a sweet-looking Boogie at work for the low price of $580. Plugged it in to see how it sounds and was pretty happy with it, so I let him know that he should get it. He did, and he loves it. Everything works except the solo function. The LED on the footswitch comes on, but nothing happens. The sound remains the same. I've opened up the footswitch (everything looks okay, at least on the surface), the amp (again, it looks okay, at least), and I've tried a different footswitch cable. This isn't a total deal breaker for him, since he still loves the amp (and I could probably get the boss to discount it a bit for being broken), but it would be really nice to have that back up and running. Any ideas what I should be looking for?
Are you 100% certain you have the correct footswitch cable?

If you are using a cheap off the shelf MIDI cable only 3-pins may be wired. If you have a DMM, check for continuity from end to end to see if all pins are wired.

HTH,
Dom

Latest posts

Back