MINI MARK V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's game over for me. My grail amp.
So happy! :D :D :D :D :D
After I give myself some time to come to my senses I may sell the old Roadster and pick ups the Mini Mark and a matching Recto-Verb 25. That would make a killer stereo rig.

I'm all tingly in my fun parts over this little monster. C+ AND Cab Clone? Are you kidding me? Boogie kills it every time.

Looks like a cool little amp for sure, but I'm not really sure how they can rebrand it a Mk V. Using EL84s is going to give it a completely different sound on all channels, and some of what the Mk V brings to the table in regards to lead tones can only be had at the 90w settings. I think having 84s instead of 34s or 6L6s is really going to change it.

Wow, wow, wow. I didn't think we'd see this. Got the email today. Mesa is definitely not sitting on their laurels, given the excellent products already released the past couple years.

This is almost my dream gigging amp. And I just got a Rectoverb 25 to sit in for my Mark V on tight stages. But it's missing a channel, and I agree, the tube change must make it totally different. I'm willing to give their creative engineers the benefit of the doubt in voicing this potential gem as a Mark V.

But I'm sick. I want 3 channels in this configuration! I need the great clean, but I love the chewy tweed channel on the Mark V. In ten watt mode it's so excellent and authentically vintage sounding. And of course you can't give up crunch and high gain. So what I really dream of, is a 4 channel, mini Mesa Mark VI! Clean, tweed, crunch, and high gain, all in foot switchable, pedal eliminating glory. I'm sure we are years away from that kind of miniturization in analog amplification though, if it's even possible or affordable.

Interesting in the description that in polling the community, it sounds like they considered 3 channels, but users preferred only two. And that pedals made up for the other drive tones required.

Archlute75 said:
Looks like a cool little amp for sure, but I'm not really sure how they can rebrand it a Mk V. Using EL84s is going to give it a completely different sound on all channels, and some of what the Mk V brings to the table in regards to lead tones can only be had at the 90w settings. I think having 84s instead of 34s or 6L6s is really going to change it.

In the video they mentioned the channels have slightly been revoiced to make up for the power section difference. With that being said if you are looking for a clone of your Mark V then good luck finding it to bve exact.

Archlute75 said:

It will definitely be different (we'll know for sure when we try one), and though this amp is some kind of a mini "Mark" amp, I don't know if calling it a "Mark Five..." was the best idea. When they came out with the Studio .22 they called it a "Studio Boogie" without referring to any particular Mark. Either way, it's not going to hurt sales.

In any case, I really like the concept of this amp and can't wait to try one!

siggy14 said:
Archlute75 said:

In the video they mentioned the channels have slightly been revoiced to make up for the power section difference. With that being said if you are looking for a clone of your Mark V then good luck finding it to bve exact.
I'm assuming that Boogie has that patent Dyna-Watt EL84 thing going with this Mini Mark V so it not so "EL84ish". I have Studio .22 and Dr. Z both EL84 equip. They sound so much different. Dyna-Watt makes amp have a full-range like while the Dr. Z is more "Voxy" bite. Just my opinion.

WANT!
As skeptical as I am of an EL-84 amp sounding like a IIC+, I had an Express 5:25 and was impressed on how close to "blackface cleans" it got. It was much better than the mid-90"s Maverick/Blue Angel amps.
That said, would it have killed them to make it with 6V6's?
Maybe I'll wait 'til someone comes up with the mod. :lol:
Short reverb tank could be a negative.

I believe this amp will be awesome!
I am still keeping my big MkV, but this one should be great too!
I have one on order! :mrgreen:

With EL84s, it does not sound like a Boogie.
In my opinion, 6V6s would have been the proper power amp tubes choice. That would have been perfectly in line with the Boogie tradition.

igfraso said:
With EL84s, it does not sound like a Boogie.
In my opinion, 6V6s would have been the proper power amp tubes choice. That would have been perfectly in line with the Boogie tradition.
Yeah, because the Mini Rec and Recto-Verb 25 sound bad and were such flops. :roll:
Go **** in another thread. This one is for those of us who actually enjoy it when a new amp is released rather than criticize and pick it apart before eyes are even laid upon it.

Excuse me?

Oh, sorry. I forgot to ask you for permission to give my opinion.

You know, this is one of the few times I can honestly say I'm extremely excited to hear and see this amp.

The thing is, I've owned only my two Rectos (as far as Boogies go), but it would be totally sweet to maybe try something different alongside them one day, just 'cause it really is different.

Now, the demos REALLY have me floored. Normally you can't really judge an amp based on demos through videos, but still, it really, really sounds great for such a little amp. I remember trying out a Mark V combo with a PRS Hollowbody II and thinking that for a 1x12 combo, it sounded humongous.

Let's see how the lil' guy sounds! I wanna try it.

Just kind of wondering, how will it compare to the Express series? I kind of always thought the Express was a "mini Mark" of sorts. Sorry for my n00byness as far as that goes. :p

I'm very very excited about this badboy.

My only concern is that is 25watts loud enough to for band practice with a double bass drummer? I had a 22 caliber amp long ago and it wasn't loud enough..but it was close. Hoping this will be.

They did a great job with the design of the amp. I always thought that the Markv was great but channel 2 was the most meh of the three and they just eliminated it with this amp. The inclusion of the clab cone is genius, friggin genius. This helps Boogie better compete with the Emulator crowd.

Also, any word on pricing? Hopefully 1200 range, but i doubt it, probably 1400..saving my pennies now.

Wow. Was considering a Mini Rec as the lower wattage, lunchbox style amp is perfect for the smaller stages I play. Carrying my Stiletto half stack up and down the stairs for rehearsal is getting old, and the MkIII is too fuggin loud, lol. This looks perfect - Mark tone at manageable levels.
I wonder how it will sit next to the Roadster on the other side of the stage...

Latest posts

Back