Question for Mesa Boogie Rep or Guru

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barryswanson

Reaction score
I have heard you can link two recto's together with the external switching jacks and control them from one pedal. Is this correct and if it is can I hook a Mark V and a Multiwatt Recti together doing the same thing?

I know the Recto's jacks are Channel 2, 3, solo and loop and the V's channel 2,3 solo EQ. So if it did work you wouldn't obviously join the EQ and Loop jacks together.

Anyway I don't wanna dive in and just try and fry my precious babies. So Mesa Man or Guru's what's the go?

Well it turns out you can and it works flawlessly, no ground loop hum. Plus it gives you another pedal to switch with on the other side of the stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQf1qXUHA-M

So all you did was connect the Channel switching Jackie together with a standard guitar cable?

AuthorizedBoogie - since it appears this indeed does work, is there any potential damage that this can cause to either amp?

Yep that's all I did. I didn't join the solo jacks though and obviously not the V's EQ and Recto's Loop. Yes with standard guitar cable, but I'm also using a Radial Bigshot ABY pedal with the ground lift on.

SonVolt said:
So all you did was connect the Channel switching Jackie together with a standard guitar cable?

AuthorizedBoogie - since it appears this indeed does work, is there any potential damage that this can cause to either amp?

Again, this is something we don't recommend. Keep in mind when the jacks are not switched "on"...the 12v supply between both amps is connected, as is the ground. We recommend using an external switcher in cases like this. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back