Help! Raw/Vintage/Modern switching modes problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gurimp

Reaction score
Hi guys, my name is Gerard and this is my first post on this site, I recently got a new Triple Rectifier so I'm kinda new to this.
I'm having trouble with the volumes of the different modes of the amp.
I think switching between clean/pushed on channel 1 is ok (comparing volumes), but when switching modes on channels 2 and 3, there's a huge difference of volume and tone (dull and dark) when set to vintage or raw (even darker and lower vol on raw).
I think this is not normal, isn't it?
If you have any Ideas I would appreciate it, and if you need more info, let me know..
Thanks,

gurimp said:
Hi guys, my name is Gerard and this is my first post on this site, I recently got a new Triple Rectifier so I'm kinda new to this.
I'm having trouble with the volumes of the different modes of the amp.
I think switching between clean/pushed on channel 1 is ok (comparing volumes), but when switching modes on channels 2 and 3, there's a huge difference of volume and tone (dull and dark) when set to vintage or raw (even darker and lower vol on raw).
I think this is not normal, isn't it?
If you have any Ideas I would appreciate it, and if you need more info, let me know..
Thanks,
Welcome to the forum.

This is normal behavior, and is explained in your manual. If you do not have a manual, download one from http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/user_manuals.html#gpm1_2. These are well written and informative, and will help you to fully enjoy that beast!

Dom

Hi guys, thanks for your replies
I just recorded a piece of track so you can hear it ... going from channel 1 (Clean then Pushed) and so on... Channel 2 & 3 (Raw->Vintage->Modern in that order) so you can hear the difference that I was talking about
Thanks once again,
This amp is incredible, but I was kind of worried about this,

http://cl.ly/1o0I3q3G373q

As was said before, the way the amp is made, there is much more volume for the modern setting. It shouldn't be a big deal since one shouldn't be switching between modes on the fly. I play channel 2 on raw and channel 3 on modern or vintage. I adjust the individual channel volumes accordingly. :D

Rock on

Latest posts

Back