Rectifier cabs, just got confused

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siggy14

Reaction score
So I have had a theory that a recto OS Slant cab's internal volume is about the same as a traditional straight front. So I go to take measurments of my OS straight, I have the one that is technically a slant but has the ledge to make it look like a straight. Anyway I measure it and it measures in at 30 inches which is the size of a traditional cab. However it looks massive compared to my slant traditional which is at a friends house, I do need to get them side by side now to compare.

So my question, does anyone else have the slant/straight mesa cab, and if so can you take measurments of all dimensions? The dimensions I got where 30x30x14.5 and the slant starting about 16 inches up with a max depth on the slant of about 2.875 inches.

Mine looks like this one....
http://www.bazaar-world.com/guitar-amp-12044-Mesa-Boogie-Guitar-Rectifier-Cabinet-4X12

Nevermind I must have been smoking some funny stuff the other day. However i did notice that the cab is slightly under 32 inches tall and slightly under 30 inches wide and slightly under 14 inches in depth. It is natural for the dimensions to be off a bit? Because according to your website it should be 32.785 in hight and mine is more like 31.785 in height.

TRENCHLORD said:
They count the rubber feet when measuring. Their specs are spot-on.

I would not say spot on but that make sense for the height. But the width and the depth where not spot on at all, off by at least a half inch on both.

Here are the measurements I used, please note I did not take into consideration wood thickness and I just used the measurements on Mesa's website. The actuall volumes for both cabs are actually lower due to they measure from rubber feet up and the fact that i am measuring outer and not inner, I think the wood is .750 all around. In order to do the slanted baffle measurement I took off 2.875 off the depth as that is what the top of the slant. So here are my figures

Traditional Straight
30.125 Height
29.875 Width
14.250 Depth
This equals 7.453 Cubic Feet

For the OS Slant I broke down into two measurments and then just added the two volumes.
16.4375 Height
32.125 Width
14.250 Depth
This equals 4.083 Cubic Feet

Second Meausurment
16.4375 Height
32.125 Width
11.375 Top Depth ( Slant is 2.875 at top)
14.250 Bottem Depth
This Equals 3.672 Cubic Feet

Total of both 7.755 Cubic Feet

Difference between Traditional straight and OS Slant is .302 Cubic feet.

As you can see there is not much difference.

Back