Removing Subway Rocket amp chassis

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmw

Reaction score
Hi there, stupid question time...

I have a Subway Rocket (non-reverb) with a bunch of scratchy pots I'd like to clean, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to pull the amp chassis out to get at the pots.

I've removed four bolts on top that go through the chassis, and also another bolt that goes up from the bottom through the chassis into the top of the cab. I can't see any other bolts/screws to remove. When these bolts are out, the chassis will slide back maybe 1/2 an inch or so but that's it.

Any thoughts? I'm sure this can't be that hard... :?

-jmw

Have you disconnected all of the cables? Could the power cable be getting pinched between the power transformer and the cabinet?

Hmm, I had pulled the power and speaker cables off and don't think they were interfering but will double check after work

Well, had another look but no, the power cable isn't a problem.

My DC-3 has a foam rubber strip between the underside of the top of the cabinet and the top edge of the chassis that needs to be compressed slightly otherwise the nuts on the chassis interfere with the vertical cleats in the cabinet. I don't remember if my Subway Rocket had the same issue.

Success!!!!

There is a strip of foam. I was able to push a metal ruler in between the cabinet and the top of the chassis and then things started moving. Still not sure what was binding but it's out.

thanks so much!!

Back