Metal grill half back 4x12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eatsleeprock

Reaction score
Just picked up a half back metal grill 2x12 (in trade for a Marshall 1936 I paid $300 for). Wondering if anyone out there has experience with these cabs, or specifically thoughts on the vs12 eminence speakers in the bottom of it? Initial reaction is that it sounds great, but I've only played it at five minutes at wife is in the kitchen volumes.

I have one of these, as well as the 4x12 half back. Frankly, I have all but stopped using the 4x12. The 2x12 seems like it is nearly the same size, but lighter and sounds plenty rich and full. I think it sounds best with an EVM12L in the bottom. However, mine was 4ohms stock with that configuration. To knock down the volume slightly, I switched to an 8ohm set up with two 16 ohm speakers. Surprisingly, a 16ohm MC-90 in the bottom also sounds pretty **** good. I don't have any experience with the Eminence speaker, though.
Enjoy!

So that was a typo lol, I have 4x12 not a 2x12. Freaking heavy! Sounds delicious tho. Really enjoy the half open back.

Back