Papa Hets new signature amp?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Het_Hunter95

Reaction score
ev8f86.jpg

s30nc0.jpg

Greetings guys, this is my first post here. I am a huge Hetfield fan and I noticed this new amp he used at the SFG Metallica night.
Does anyone have info on it? I would really appreciate your comments! Cheers!

Custom order Stiletto would be my guess too, based on the visuals alone. That would actually make sense given the kind of rhythm sound the band tends to prefer live.

Interesting to observe that many knobs are very close to noon - always a good sign you've got an amp that does what you want right out of the box, without much dialing in. Whatever the amp is, this pic suggests its base sound is close to Hetfield's sonic ideal.

As for Kirk's Randall, wow, that's one of the most ridiculous-looking heads I've ever seen. :lol:
Please tell me it was just photoshopped in from a Spinal Tap sequel and not for real...

Oh, one more thought...assuming that really is a Stiletto, we might be seeing a clever marketing/publicity stunt for the Stiletto line here. 8)

1. The Stiletto line sales performance constantly fails to meet long-term expectations.
2. They renovate the line. Enter Stage II.
3. Sales continue to underperform.
4. (in 2012) They kill the Stiletto line.
5. ...they wait a couple of years...
6. (now) They leak a picture of a well-known guitar celebrity (Hetfield qualifies) with a mystery Mesa amp.
7. They wait for the buzz and net hype.
8. Somebody positively identifies it as a Stiletto.
9. Stiletto prices on secondhand market start to rise.
10. ...they just wait....
11. People are complaining everywhere about ridiculous prices on Stilettos and wondering why Mesa won't reissue them.
12. The prices keep rising.
13. ...they just wait...
14. Stilettos on ebay are going for more than fully loaded mint IIc+'s. Even battered-up Ace combos with blown speakers.
15. Mesa triumphantly restarts Stiletto production! It immediately outsells all other Mesa models! Everybody is happy!

Farfetched fiction? Yeah, that was a work of fiction...but farfetched? Years ago, Doug West said: " Randy and I joke all the time that the best way to make something successful is to quit making it." ...and, curiously enough, he said that in the context of Stiletto sales not meeting the expectations! ( http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/mesa-boogie-born-to-boogie-1 )
...So I guess all this could be a part of a very long hatched master plan. :lol:

Remember Jimmy Page and Supro amps... :wink:

That could be true, or, it could just be a signature amp in the making based on a stiletto. either way, if it comes out, ill be getting it. Even if I have to sell my liver.

With the G major EQ in the loop, emulating the "V" curve, I can make really decent Metallica tones in the Stiletto Deuce Head. Maybe it's a custom Stiletto with modified mid control to obtain the "V" curve without the 5 band graphic EQ

That wasn't the one he had on the field with him, it was a Diezel. I wonder if the Mesa is what he donated along with the guitar

Ah, ok. I didn't realize that there were two. I was wondering why when I watched it right before I posted I didn't hear Kirk Hammett screw up.

About the screw up... He can play blistering solos at crazy speeds perfectly note for note, but cant play the Star Spangled Banner properly. And my main cat James, 98% perfect except that one part with the wrong chord. But then again, battery perfect but the SSB with a mistake...

The new Guitar World talks about Kirks' new head coming out from Randall.
I do hope Het flys the Boogie banner again!

That Randall amp is based on their Thrasher 667. Specs look very impressive.

Here's a youtube of the 667 with Kirks signature amp sitting on the top.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs8tdN0Ha0g

Looks like a standard issue Stiletto. We know they have a few at HQ. Kirk's signature amp is certainly a Mike Fortin design. That entire layout screams Fortin.

Latest posts

Back