Recto cab-needs new speakers G12B-150 a good choice?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backyardburial

Reaction score
It looks like I have managed to blow one, maybe two speakers in my Recto cab. I wondered if anyone has ever tried mixing the Celestion G12B-150 with the V30 before. I ask this because I have been offered a pair of the G12s for 100 bucks, as opposed to buying a V30 new for 200 bucks each...
What I know so far is the the 150 is actually 150 watts compared tot the V30s 60 watts, so would I be better putting one speaker in each side of the cab, or making one side V30, and one side G12. I do usually use the cab in stereo by the way, but not always. Really what I need to know is if it's even okay to put such varied wattages in my cab, and this is of course assuming the ohms are ok (waiting to hear back on that at the moment)
Currently using a VHT 2 902 power amp with this cab, and sometimes a JCM800 KK model. I use 7 strings with a lot of gain, so I'm not worried about clean tones at all if that helps. Thanks a lot!

Latest posts

Back