Trem-o-Verb one speaker dead

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonno

Reaction score
Hi,

So my Trem-o-Verb combo has been cutting out and discovered a disconnected solder in the jack. I was re-soldering the 1/4 inch jack and after testing it realized only one speaker was working. I've got a Genz-Benz 2x12 extension running out of the 16 ohm output that works fine so it kinda hid the fact that only one speaker worked - might have been disconnected for a while.

2 questions - any idea why one speaker would stop working? The wiring looks as it did new but to be fair I didn't have my volt/ohm meter to actually test it. But it's solidly soldered to the "first" speaker, the one that's directly connected to the amp. And will it hurt the amp to run out of the 8 ohm output into a single 16 ohm speaker?

thanks!

Jon A

jonno said:
...2 questions - any idea why one speaker would stop working? The wiring looks as it did new but to be fair I didn't have my volt/ohm meter to actually test it. But it's solidly soldered to the "first" speaker, the one that's directly connected to the amp. And will it hurt the amp to run out of the 8 ohm output into a single 16 ohm speaker?...

You really need a meter to check the speaker and wiring.....unless you are psychic. No, it won't hurt the amp to use the 8 ohm output with a single 16 ohm speaker, but the single speaker wattage should be high enough to be able to handle the amp's output power, otherwise the speaker could be damaged, and then the amp damaged due to damaged (open) speaker.

Latest posts

Back