Switching Mutes - Glitches - Anyone figure out how to bypass

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Rectoverb S2, and an Express 550 Plus that are driving me crazy.
What the **** is the point of having a footswitch if the channel changes are not instant.......
Anyone figure out a way to minimize the mute function or delete it all together?
My old Mesa amps don't have any problems at all switching channels.

This is why I sold my Roadster, Lonestar, Lonestar Special, F50, and Mark V! What is the point of having an expensive channel switching amp if you cannot switch channels in mid song, mid note, etc. without funky noises, swells, losses in volume, etc........

Anybody figure out how to get rid of this annoying issue?

It's too bad nobody has a good answer for you...
I know it's not exactly what you wanted, but my answer has been to switch between amps using a lehle pedal. I have quite a few boogies- it work for me like this:
a MK IV stereo'd to a satellite ... don't need switching as it's always red channel.
a blue angel... nothing to switch
and then my switchable setup with the Lehle pedal, which gets a little decadent.
Channel One is the Heartbreaker you worked on, channel two is an Electradyne, and channel three is a dual channel Rectifier Solo head.

Admittedly, I'm not playing out these days... but maybe something with a couple heads might be feasible for you.

I'll keep experimenting when I have some time.
That Heartbreaker shouldn't have any delays when switching. The only time mine did was when I was using the Tweed setting. On High power setting, it was pretty fast.
Pretty sure that the Mark IV's that I used to have were fast as well.

The Rectoverb is a great sounding amp, just gotta get rid of that annoying drop in output when switching channels!

Back